WiiM pro setup

Frans

I am looking into a second budget set. Does anyone have good (or bad) experiences with the following set: WiiM pro+ smsl su1+fosi v3 (48v)?
Thanks

Last edited:
I've had this exact set up. All was fine and sounded great. The V3 runs warm with a 48v PSU though. I found the volume control very sensitive when I wanted the volume low.

I've had this exact set up. All was fine and sounded great. The V3 runs warm with a 48v PSU though. I found the volume control very sensitive when I wanted the volume low.
Thanks for your reply. I bought this set already in combination with the Wharfedale Diamond 12.1. During my time in Indonesia I had high-end sets for years and since I moved to Thailand I started with a budget set again. You are right about the volume controle and the 48v heat. Nevertheles, Im amazed at how good this set sounds.

I ran with the 36v PSU in the end. No difference to sound quality in my view at the volumes I use. But it ran much cooler

my system 2 setup

Attachments

• hifi system 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
The topping e50 is fantastic but it the linear power supply is a part of the "package"

Back