Set up question

Kingwell

Hello music lovers. I have a WiiM pro. I have just purchased a Schiit Modi dac, and Ioki mini equalizer, I have a Fosi V3 amp, and passive speakers. I am wondering how to best connect all of these components. Can you please help???

Kinger

Hey, you would connect the Wiim Pro to the Modi via optical/spdif, then Modi to Loki via RCA, then Loki to Fosi V3 via RCA.
The Wiim's own PEQ is likely far more effective than the Loki, but that is how you would connect it all

Ok, thank you. And how about adding a subwoofer? The Fosi V3 amp does not have a sub out…😟

May be the old fashioned way with additional cables from the binding posts? Few things are at least necessary: a subwoofer who has also binding posts and not only digital ins, knobs to adjust the crossover at the sub and an amp which does not get whooping cough from such an electric load 😉

Last edited:
I have a question about the set up too.
Tomorrow i will receive my Wiimamp. In the set up procedure do i have to choose for optical of HDMI arc or can i skip this and do this later in the app?
What bitrate i have to choose when im using spotify in the set up?
Thanks in advance for you,re reply.

I have a question about the set up too.
Tomorrow i will receive my Wiimamp. In the set up procedure do i have to choose for optical of HDMI arc or can i skip this and do this later in the app?
What bitrate i have to choose when im using spotify in the set up?
Thanks in advance for you,re reply.
Did you mean 'optical *or* hdmi'?
They are just different inputs; you can manually switch between them using the app, and also enable auto switching.

I'm not sure what you're asking about bitrate selection!
The amp doesn't have digital outputs, so I'd have thought the max sample rate and bit depth output settings wouldn't be shown in the app for an amp. (I've not got an amp...)

Did you mean 'optical *or* hdmi'?
They are just different inputs; you can manually switch between them using the app, and also enable auto switching.

I'm not sure what you're asking about bitrate selection!
The amp doesn't have digital outputs, so I'd have thought the max sample rate and bit depth output settings wouldn't be shown in the app for an amp. (I've not got an amp...)
Thanks a lot for you,re reply. This helped me a lot.

Back