Wiim pros and plus

rott81red

Hi all

So i bought a wiim pro. Liked it so much that i bought 2 more. The last two came with a remote. Which if i remember was the wiim pro plus. If it helps im in canada and bought from amazon.

As of this moment all 3 go via coaxial cable to a dac in each setup.

I want to try going straight from my wiim to an amp. I think one of the versions that i own has a better dac than the other.

My question is how do i find out which is which? They look the same to me? Is there a specific model number that correspnds to the wiim pro vs the wiim pro plus?

Thanks

optically hard but there is a bit more room cut out around the rca connectors and the Coaxial connector on the pro plus.
I looked at the bottom of my pro it's model number is ASR002, for the Pro + it is ASR003.

Last edited:
optically hard but there is a bit more room cut out around the rca connectors and the Coaxial connector on the pro plus.
I looked at the bottom of my pro it's model number is ASR002, for the Pro + it is ASR003.
Thanks so much.

Ok so i looked at the bottom of all 3. They are all ASR002.

Ok thanks again

Hi all

So i bought a wiim pro. Liked it so much that i bought 2 more. The last two came with a remote. Which if i remember was the wiim pro plus. If it helps im in canada and bought from amazon.

I want to try going straight from my wiim to an amp. I think one of the versions that i own has a better dac than the other.

My question is how do i find out which is which? They look the same to me? Is there a specific model number that correspnds to the wiim pro vs the wiim pro plus?

Thanks

I think Pros may be shipping with the remote as well, not just the Pro Plus, but I may be wrong on that…

The pro plus weights quite a bit more than the pro.
I'm sure the numbers are on here somewhere.

Not got a plus myself; doesn't the device info screen say whay model it is?
Must admit though, it's only the hotspot ssid that differentiates my mini from my pros.

Hi all

Thanks
Did you look in your Amazon order history to see what they shipped you?

My Wiim Pro says:

<IP adress of Wiim>:49152

<modelName>WiiM Pro Receiver</modelName>

What does the Pro+ say?

Open up the software app under "device info. Will tell you what it is followed by a 4 digit hex dex

Back