Wiim Pro Plus randomly wake up and send signal to coaxial output

Levucuong

Hello every one,
Don't know if this question been raised or not so I make this post.
My set up is: From Denon AVR pre out for 2 front channels to Wiim pro plus via RCA, then from Wiim to active speaker via coaxial. Wiim will auto sense signal from Line in (RCA) input. I set up this way so that I can stream music to Wiim via network or AVR can send signal to Wiim via RCA if I watch movie of TV using the same active speakers hook up to coaxial output.

The problem is I notice that the Wiim randomly wakes up from standby (which being set to 1 minute) and send signal to my active speaker and wake it up which I don't like.
Firmware version is 4.8.604351 which is the latest.
So is this a bug of the Wiim or is there any thing wrong with my set up?
Thank you very much.

Hello every one,
Don't know if this question been raised or not so I make this post.
My set up is: From Denon AVR pre out for 2 front channels to Wiim pro plus via RCA, then from Wiim to active speaker via coaxial. Wiim will auto sense signal from Line in (RCA) input. I set up this way so that I can stream music to Wiim via network or AVR can send signal to Wiim via RCA if I watch movie of TV using the same active speakers hook up to coaxial output.

The problem is I notice that the Wiim randomly wakes up from standby (which being set to 1 minute) and send signal to my active speaker and wake it up which I don't like.
Firmware version is 4.8.604351 which is the latest.
So is this a bug of the Wiim or is there any thing wrong with my set up?
Thank you very much.
Hi,

When the WiiM starts, does the AVR remain on standby? Is it possible that for some reason there is a signal coming out of the AVR pre-out?

Also, What happens if you turn off automatic standby on WiiM?

This is unrelated to you, but in my case, when the Alexa routine performs the "Stop All Music" action, the WiiM LED glows white and wakes up.

Hi,

When the WiiM starts, does the AVR remain on standby? Is it possible that for some reason there is a signal coming out of the AVR pre-out?

Also, What happens if you turn off automatic standby on WiiM?

This is unrelated to you, but in my case, when the Alexa routine performs the "Stop All Music" action, the WiiM LED glows white and wakes up.
In my observation, the AVR remains in standby all the time when the WiiM wakes up. When the WiiM wakes up, the green LED glows, before that it was dimer. To verify, I disconnect the line-in completely to see what happen, I don't think the AVR send out anything in its standby state but It seem your assumption is correct. It didn't happen again in the last few hours.
If so, it is weird that the AVR sends analog signal through pre-out ports while standing by. Seem that I have to go to Denon forum and ask question there.

Last edited:
In my observation, the AVR remains in standby all the time when the WiiM wakes up. When the WiiM wakes up, the green LED glows, before that it was dimer. To verify, I disconnect the line-in completely to see what happen, I don't think the AVR send out anything in its standby state but It seem your assumption is correct. It didn't happen again in the last few hours.
If so, it is weird that the AVR sends analog signal through pre-out ports in while standing by. Seem that I have to go to Denon forum and ask question there.
At the same time, please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the settings in WiiM app. They will be able to review your WiiM logs and help you identify the problem. 😉

At the same time, please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the settings in WiiM app. They will be able to review your WiiM logs and help you identify the problem. 😉
Thank you, I already submitted a ticket with debug log. Hope they would find the culprit.
It is quite annoying that as long as the AVR is hooked up, the WiiM wake up and sleep periodically as I notice the green LED glows and dims. The speaker sleep timer is very long (about 15 mins) so it hardly fall in to sleep. The AVR sleeps all the time.

Back