Adding a Turntable to Wiim Pro Plus

JackPorter

A bit of a technical question here. Looking to downsize my current equipment and was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. If I plug my turntable into the RCA input on my Wiim, And basically use the Wiim as a preamp to just output the signal through the RCA output to my Amp, does the signal pass through the ADC chip or does the analog signal just pass through directly.

unless your turntable integrates a riaa phono stage etc... it will not work...
(or you buy a preamp phono)
there have already been threads here on this subject...to look for... ;-)

Can't figure out how to delete my own damn post lol after a deep search I was able to find my answer :( Sadly it's not what I was looking for. :( ADC happens no matter what. I wish there was a way to set it to pass through.

unless your turntable integrates a riaa phono stage etc... it will not work...
(or you buy a preamp phono)
there have already been threads here on this subject...to look for... ;-)
Thanks a million. I wasn't searching for the right keywords I guess. I found my answer minutes after posting lol Old man brain not working on a Monday lol

sorry..your wiim is not an anolog preamp.. ;-)
"adc"

Last edited:
To a degree I would hope so ;) Just making the point that digitizing an analog input isn’t of itself necessarily a bad thing…

To a degree I would hope so ;) Just making the point that digitizing an analog input isn’t of itself necessarily a bad thing…
for a vinyl lover, "analog", is a big contradiction, nosens... like the riaa num correction.... etc

funny...

Can't figure out how to delete my own damn post lol after a deep search I was able to find my answer :( Sadly it's not what I was looking for. :( ADC happens no matter what. I wish there was a way to set it to pass through.
The ADC in the Pro+ will perform far better than any phono cartridge/LP in terms of distortion and noise floor, and will be transparent in use. Digitizing the signal means that it can be shared with all your other WiiM devices throughout the house.

it is more very clumsy to process a phono source in ADC...with big problems with saturation in the face of plocs etc. unless it has to be heavily margined...analog management is much easier and more natural...so if we can avoid it .... ;-)

The ADC in the Pro+ will perform far better than any phono cartridge/LP in terms of distortion and noise floor, and will be transparent in use. Digitizing the signal means that it can be shared with all your other WiiM devices
just not so good from the original if adc not very good ...

this ADC can be "sufficient" for many but less that 16bits enob.. each one sees midi at its door.. remains that it is necessary to have a phono stage and to ensure a margin to not saturate the ADC on plocs etc.. unless you stick a drc... etc

Last edited:
Wiim have previously advised 'The ADC in the WiiM Amp is TI PCM1861'

This too, in case you didn't stumble across it:

Back