Wiim Remote Presset buttons problem for Spotify - Expired key, please setup again

riepa

Major Contributor
The problem appeared at the beginning of May, but there is still no solution.
Dear Wiim, please get support from the existing ones before doing a poll on new product development, otherwise I suspect you're already out of control.

date:5 May 2023
Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused!
We have found the problem, it's because the program killed the Spotify process after presetting Spotify to play high quality Amazon music above 96kHz, so the preset Spotify can't play anymore.
We are working on this issue and will find a solution and release a new version as soon as possible, please be patient.

...otherwise I suspect you're already out of control.
A severe reproach! And in my eyes unjustified. We are talking about a very, very cheap and relatively new product. My experience with the WiiM people is totally different. And an issue like this will be not in focus of the biggest part of the users. WiiM will solve it, but step by step.
By the way, the wise man Karl Lagerfeld spoke: One is out of control at time the person starts wearing joggers in public 😉

A severe reproach! And in my eyes unjustified. We are talking about a very, very cheap and relatively new product. My experience with the WiiM people is totally different. And an issue like this will be not in focus of the biggest part of the users. WiiM will solve it, but step by step.
By the way, the wise man Karl Lagerfeld spoke: One is out of control at time the person starts wearing joggers in public 😉
Indeed - while we all take our own issues as a priority, the reality may be that for a product which primarily is used for hi res streaming, an issue such as that described may only be impacting a very small number of users and therefore may not rank very high in the bug fixing schedule - particularly if there’s a workaround or temporary remedial action. It’ll get fixed but not before those issues that impact a wider audience.

Comments like the above and the apocryphal “but surely it’s just a few lines of code?” tend to come from those who have never worked in product or IT development and support… :rolleyes:

I admit, it's too harsh. My experience with Wiim support has been positive.
However, not to be too harsh 1) this product is designed for high definition, accordingly, the requirements are also higher 2) the reliability of a new brand needs to be paid more attention, because there will come a time when you will have to choose which company will be the next streamer from as an upgrade 3) good can always be better /google/
But of course it all depends on how wiim positions itself in the market or wants to position itself. If it's reliable with good support and asking a higher price for it, then it's one thing, but if it's cheap, it's another, if it's somewhere in the middle, then it probably looks like it is now.

@riepa
Only for my pure curiosity, I know its a little bit quirky and is not really linked to your question....how fits "high resolution" with Spotify? Or did I miss spectacular developments? 😉😇

Back