Who is the Wiim mini for? ...

Are the presets etc still ok in the app even when the remote malfunctions?
All previous settings are Ok. Also all the presset settings are saved and working except for Spotify, which is saved, but when I press it the next day, its voice says lost key and setup again.

All previous settings are Ok. Also all the presset settings are saved and working except for Spotify, which is saved, but when I press it the next day, its voice says lost key and setup again.
Maybe an issue with your remote itself then as I’ve just tried the Spotify preset I set a few days ago and it’s still working from my remote. Have you tried resetting the remote by pressing and holding the source and mute buttons at the same time for two seconds and re pairing it to your Mini?

If the issue persists, I’d raise a new ticket and see if WiiM can see anything untoward in your log when the issue occurs.

Maybe an issue with your remote itself then as I’ve just tried the Spotify preset I set a few days ago and it’s still working from my remote. Have you tried resetting the remote by pressing and holding the source and mute buttons at the same time for two seconds and re pairing it to your Mini?

If the issue persists, I’d raise a new ticket and see if WiiM can see anything untoward in your log when the issue occurs.
I haven't reset anything (I'm one of those guys who don't recognize reinstallation but fix everything first).
Today, I pressed the button no. 5 where Spotify was set through the Windows Wiim Home app and exactly the same problem and voice .....
If I understand correctly, the console does not store anything in itself, the wiim does it all.
I just updated the android wiim home app (I had the July version and the app itself did not offer me to update it, but the automatic android updates are disabled), however the app is like a remote control, I think all the brain is inside the wiim device. I now add a fixed library of songs on button no. 6, not the daily mix, which may also change. I have to look tomorrow, but I think everything will be the same.

Well, given I come from a mainframe background where re installation wasn’t an option, I have some sympathy with that approach. Unfortunately, while some things have moved on, others haven’t and these days re installation is de rigueur in many instances to the extent that many support organisations won’t progress an issue unless basic troubleshooting steps, including resets and/or re installation, have been taken.

Resetting the remote is akin to rebooting your device and/or your router when faced with an issue and while the stubborn purist in us might say that’s not satisfactory and is only a workaround, it often yields a positive outcome. Hence my advice to reset and re-pair your remote…

Well, given I come from a mainframe background where re installation wasn’t an option, I have some sympathy with that approach. Unfortunately, while some things have moved on, others haven’t and these days re installation is de rigueur in many instances to the extent that many support organisations won’t progress an issue unless basic troubleshooting steps, including resets and/or re installation, have been taken.

Resetting the remote is akin to rebooting your device and/or your router when faced with an issue and while the stubborn purist in us might say that’s not satisfactory and is only a workaround, it often yields a positive outcome. Hence my advice to reset and re-pair your remote…
I reset remote control.
I will watch the pressets tomorrow

I reset remote control.
I will watch the pressets tomorrow
This morning the android wiim app offered an update, but before installing it, I checked the presset settings for the radio stations. All worked including Spotify. After the update, all worked except Spotify...

This morning the android wiim app offered an update, but before installing it, I checked the presset settings for the radio stations. All worked including Spotify. After the update, all worked except Spotify...
Time for another ticket to WiiM I’d suggest…

Time for another ticket to WiiM I’d suggest…
I added an existing ticket, but I noticed that I don't have any Spotify channels saved under My Library > Recently played, but none since the last update.
Is it just me again?

I added an existing ticket, but I noticed that I don't have any Spotify channels saved under My Library > Recently played, but none since the last update.
Is it just me again?
I don't think Spotify playback history will remain in the WiiM app Recently played. Lists played in native apps are usually recorded in native apps.
Similarly, lists played with presets are not recorded in Recently played.

OP's original question: "Who is the Wiim mini for?"

Answer: It's the gateway drug.

Back