Cannot connect Qobuz to Wiim pro over chromecast

RHDXB

I used to be able to connect Qobuz to my Wiim pro over chromecast and get 24/96 resolution.
Now when I try to connect, I only get Airplay2 as the option and can’t see chromecast as an option.
Google home sees my Wiim pro streamer and I can access the device settings etc.
Anyone faced the same issue and can help?
Thanks

Last edited:
Ah, ok.
I have read about a similar issue a while ago. The reason why I still had this screenshot. But now my knowledge is finished and my non-knowledge is back. Sorry but I am quite sure you find your answer in this forum.

Called my son. He uses CC sometimes. He has CC enabled by pressing the green "enable" button in the WiiM app. He told me he saw in the Google Home app the WiiM always but it worked not before it was enabled in WiiM app.

it helped in that I know that there isn’t anything obvious that I should have done and have not.
Also tried Tidal, can’t cast from Tidal the Wiim pro either
Will have to stick to Roon for now…

Roon is in my experience the King's Way. Others may think different, but I will never again be without it. As long as no better is available 😉
Not cheap, but worth the price. Again: Others may think different.
The WiiM is now only in use for headphones and in a place where we (yet) do not run Roon. My way still is using the Qobuz app, putting the wanted stuff in the favorites and play it out of the WiiM app. And again, others will handle it another way. But the benefit of having the hires files without any limitation makes this little diversion acceptable.

I have the same problem but this solution doesn't work for me.
I can can chromecast with severall application but no more with Qobuz

Last edited:
I have the same problem but this solution doesn't work for me.
I can can chromecast with severall application but no more with Qobuz
Still works ok for me from my iPad and Android phone. Have you tried a reboot of your devices and router? Best submitting a ticket to WiiM to see if they can see anything untoward in your device log.

So I found out two things:
1- When I reinstalled the Qobuz app, it had defaulted to not access my local network, I switched that toggle to allow it to access my local network and it now works with both Wiim pro and my chromecast audio puck.
2- I can be an idiot.

Back