Using the same WiiM Playlist across multiple devices

Mark.ml

I have multiple WiiM devices (WiiM Pro Plus and two WiiM minis) that I use to stream to multiple sound systems. I interchangeably use an Android phone and an Android tablet control the three devices. My Android tablet can't see the Playlists created on my Android phone.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this feature not available?

No, playlists appear to be local to the device that created them. Given that WiiM devices have no sense of an account structure, nor can as servers to other devices on your network unless they have a local USB library like the Amp, other app instances can’t see what’s on another phone /tablet.

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere. I hope this is something WiiM can address in future releases(account structure ...). Multiple people/devices on the same network should be able to share playlists if they wish, especially when the Playlists are being created fom the same DLNA DB.

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere. I hope this is something WiiM can address in future releases(account structure ...). Multiple people/devices on the same network should be able to share playlists if they wish, especially when the Playlists are being created fom the same DLNA DB.
In the case of a shared DLNA database server, they arguably should be created on the server

Back