Hardwire Android tablet to wiim Pro Plus instead of Bluetooth.

artlin

Is it possible to hardwire connect an Android Tablet to the Wiim pro plus?

If so, how would that be done? Cable connection out from the headphone socket?

Would a cable connection improve the quality or is the Bluetooth good enough?

Or, alternatively, if I hardwire connect the WiFi Pro plus to the router (Ethernet connection) then use the tablet as a remote control device, does that achieve the same thing?

Last edited:
Is it possible to hardwire connect an Android Tablet to the Wiim pro plus?

If so, how would that be done? Cable connection out from the headphone socket?

Would a cable connection improve the quality or is the Bluetooth good enough?

Or, alternatively, if I hardwire connect the WiFi Pro plus to the router (Ethernet connection) then use the tablet as a remote control device, does that achieve the same thing?
You would be using the DAC from the tablet if you do that which defeats the purpose of the WiiM.

Tablet USB out to a digital converter (USB to Optical/Coaxial digital output to optical/coaxial input on WiiM ?

what streaming are you using?

OK, no need to be rude!

We all have to start somewhere.

I would like to connect the Pro Plus to my integrated amp using a spare RCA port. So, line out from Pro plus to line in on the amp.

BUT, I can't quite get my head around how to get the music from the tablet (Spotify) to the Pro plus.

Am I missing something? Is it just a Bluetooth connection or is it a WiFi connection?

OK, no need to be rude!

I would like to connect the Pro Plus to my integrated amp using a spare RCA port. So, line out from Pro plus to line in on the amp.

BUT, I can't quite get my head around how to get the music from the tablet (Spotify) to the Pro plus.

Am I missing something? Is it just a Bluetooth connection or is it a WiFi connection?
Follow the setup guide for WiFi setup.

Spotify Connect should work and your tablet will be like a remote with the best audio out from the Pro Plus to your amp.

OK, no need to be rude!

I´m not rude.
Read something about it at first.
So why do you want to connect Wiim to amp?
If you know nothing about it?

I´m not rude.
Read something about it at first.
So why do you want to connect Wiim to amp?
If you know nothing about it?
OMG comes across as rude to me.

Why do I want to connect to an amp? So that I can listen to music coming out of my loudspeakers because the speakers in my Android Tablet are not very good.

If you gave the WiiM Home app installed on your Android tablet and the tablet is connected to your home network, most probably over wifi, then that’s sufficient for it to stream Spotify or other streaming services to your WiiM device.

Pokud jste dali aplikaci WiiM Home nainstalovanou na vašem tabletu Android a tablet je připojen k vaší domácí síti, s největší pravděpodobností přes wifi, pak to stačí pro streamování Spotify nebo jiných streamovacích služeb do vašeho zařízení WiiM.
Wiim and tablet must be on the same network (wifi, ethernet).
In app. Wiim Home find Spotiffy - and play.

The wiim removes the need to connect any device physically other than WiiM to amp.

1. Connect the WiiM to your amp over rca
2. Install the WiiM app on your phone / tablet and perform the WiiM setup.
3. Open Spotify click the speaker icon and select the WiiM.
4. Play music

The wiim removes the need to connect any device physically other than WiiM to amp.

1. Connect the WiiM to your amp over rca
2. Install the WiiM app on your phone / tablet and perform the WiiM setup.
3. Open Spotify click the speaker icon and select the WiiM.
4. Play music
Thank you, cooky. Yes, I do understand all that but my question is " is it better (quality) to have a hardwire connection rather than a WiFi connection?"

I have always been lead to believe that ethernet connection is better (faster and better quality) than WiFi. Or am I wrong?

Thank you, cooky. Yes, I do understand all that but my question is " is it better (quality) to have a hardwire connection rather than a WiFi connection?"

I have always been lead to believe that ethernet connection is better (faster and better quality) than WiFi. Or am I wrong?
If your WiiM device has a good wifi connection free from interference then sonically there’s no difference between Ethernet and Wifi.

Edit: the bandwidth required for hi res music is relatively modest (say less than 10-15Mbps) so the speed of your home network normally wouldn’t enter into the equation.

Thank you once again, Cooky.

I have decent Rca cables and a decent ethernet cable so I shall try both options, WiFi and hardwired.

If your WiiM device has a good wifi connection free from interference then sonically there’s no difference between Ethernet and Wifi.

Edit: the bandwidth required for hi res music is relatively modest (say less than 10-15Mbps) so the speed of your home network normally wouldn’t enter into the equation.
My home network speed is approx 65 Mbps so I should be OK.

I think that I am understanding it all a bit better.

Using my android tablet as the control, the request goes out from the tablet to my router (wifi). Onwards via Internet to Spotify HQ. Find my music and commence streaming via Internet back to my router. Now, instead of sending the reply to my tablet, the router sends it to the Pro plus which in turn sends it to my amp.

Now, why couldn't someone have said that in the first place.

Now, why couldn't someone have said that in the first place.

Because may be no one here could understand your first post. So did I. When entering a forum dedicated to a product range and thinking to buy a streamer the function of such a device should be known. Five minutes of own "research" would have answered your question.

I tried to help as much as possible from a response standpoint.
I can see where you might not know it all but assuming you spent ~ $220 to buy this (if it wasn’t a gift) you might have some idea what it’s used for.
Plenty of cheap Bluetooth add ons you could have used otherwise.

Once you get everything going, let us know what you think. How it sounds etc

Back