choice of wiim pro plus cable output > amp

First try an RCA cable from the Pro Plus, then its optical and coax output into your amp and decide what you like best - it's entirely subjective as we all have different amps, DACs, speakers, room acoustics, preferences and ears/brains...

Edit: I'd also advise not to get caught up in the almost inevitable coax v. optical, more expensive "better" cable discussions - many find the supplied optical cable, for example, to be perfectly capable and adequate for their needs, while others may try to persuade you otherwise. Hic sunt dracones...

Last edited:
yes it's very good advice, I'll receive the Wiim Pro tomorrow, I'll try the connection that suits us. THANKS

First try an RCA cable from the Pro Plus, then its optical and coax output into your amp and decide what you like best - it's entirely subjective as we all have different amps, DACs, speakers, room acoustics, preferences and ears/brains...

Edit: I'd also advise not to get caught up in the almost inevitable coax v. optical, more expensive "better" cable discussions - many find the supplied optical cable, for example, to be perfectly capable and adequate for their needs, while others may try to persuade you otherwise. Hic sunt dracones...
:D
Indeed - I found the included optical cable to be just fine.
However, I wouldn't say the same for the analog cable...

@mudoo - have fun!

Based upon the incredible measurements that were reported on Audio Science Review I would run RCA out to your Parasound.

Back