Hardwire Android tablet to wiim Pro Plus instead of Bluetooth.

Let me explain my reaction a bit more.

I did indeed spend some time reading up on this product ( and a few others as well). The information available is not all that informative.

For instance, a YouTube presenter described streaming as coming from "a cloud" and he looked up to the sky as he said it! What he possibly meant was "the cloud" but even that answer is not totally true. "THE INTERNET" or "YOUR ROUTER" would have been a better answer.

Even the Wiim website is misleading in that it shows the streaming content as coming direct from the phone or tablet straight into the Wiim product then output going direct to a speaker , which must mean a Bluetooth connection.

This is why I was originally asking about Bluetooth vs Hardwire connection.

I have been a hifi enthusiast for many years. Starting out with a budget set up of Turntable, Amp and speakers.

Over the years, that has been added to with reel to reel, cassette tape. With each purchase I have added quality and function.

Now, my set up is probably what would be called high end.

However, streaming to my hifi is new to me. I was looking for a bit a simple, straightforward advice.

I did have it in my mind that streaming dacs were a bit more complex than what they are in reality. There is an awful lot of hype spoken about a very simple device. I have an airfryer that is more complicated!

Anyway, I think that I have got the information that I was looking for. Plug and play.

It’s ok. People come from different background etc when it comes to technology.
Are you using a streaming service?

Spotify at the moment.

I have subscribed to Deezer but not really got into it yet.

I don't have an issue with technology. I just wish people wouldn't make stuff up. Pretending that the Internet is some mystical fantasy device controlled by elves and goblins!!

Well, I'm back!

Received my Wiim Pro Plus device.

Plugged it in, connected it to my hifi amp via RCA, connected to my router via ethernet.

Downloaded the app, configured, set up and activated.

Opened Spotify, pressed play and ......

Amazing.

What a great experience.

Onwards and upwards.

Now, how do I configure my TV?

Well, I'm back!

Received my Wiim Pro Plus device.

Plugged it in, connected it to my hifi amp via RCA, connected to my router via ethernet.

Downloaded the app, configured, set up and activated.

Opened Spotify, pressed play and ......

Amazing.

What a great experience.

Onwards and upwards.

Now, how do I configure my TV?
Optical out of TV to Optical input of WiiM?

Back