mysqueezebox status

It’s the site that can act as a source for LMS services, and its mothballing means that LMS plugins like Tidal and others need to find alternative ways of working without relying on the resources that site provided. An alternative Tidal LMS plug-in has already been developed so all isn’t lost. Many other LMS plugins are not impacted and will continue to work.

No doubt those with longer LMS/squeezebox experience can explain this better…

Please explain a little more.
Mysqueezebox.com handles many of the apps inside LMS and quite a few plugins will suffer from malfunctioning when this site no longer lets it use the site for "outside" functions
If you notice, until you login to this site, your apps don't show inside LMS
I hope most of these apps get updates to resolve this issue, but I suspect some will be useless

The LMS community folks have already created a new Tidal plugin that removes any reliance from the mysqueezebox.com service. It's in development now and works well. I believe there is also work on a new Pandora plugin as well

Mysqueezebox.com handles many of the apps inside LMS and quite a few plugins will suffer from malfunctioning when this site no longer lets it use the site for "outside" functions
If you notice, until you login to this site, your apps don't show inside LMS
I hope most of these apps get updates to resolve this issue, but I suspect some will be useless
Ye of little faith. The Tidal plugin is already working, others are in progress. Doubt any will become “useless”.

Haven't used mysqueezebox.com for ages.

The slimdevices forum has everything you need.

mysqueezebox.com (mySB.com) acts as a sort of cloud based LMS for native SB players such as the SB Radio for those that don't want a local LMS.
It also provides the authentication mechanism for some apps that work in conjunction with LMS. The most notable being Tidal, Deezer and Pandora. As noted a new Tidal plugin for LMS has already launched. There is something for Pandora in development and I'm sure focus will move to Deezer shortly.

Anyone who is prepared to run a local LMS should be well catered for with no loss of key services.

The people that will be affected are the "one button" users of the older SB devices such as the SB Radio, SB Boom and SB Touch who only use them in conjunction with mySB.com for internet radio. They will be left with a useless device unless they run a local LMS.

Why is mySB.com shutting down? Well Logitech have been running it for over 10 years since they last had any income from the sale of an SB device and because it is a worldwide service it costs a lot of money. There are dozens of servers involved in the hosting on AWS. Logitech have finally decided to call it a day.

The LMS community has seen this coming for quite a while so even though we were caught out by the timing of the announcement and the need to move quickly on Tidal, Deezer and Pandora plugins a lot of preparation had already taken place on the core LMS software. The name may be changing for obvious reasons but the software continues in active development.

Last edited:
mysqueezebox.com (mySB.com) acts as a sort of cloud based LMS for native SB players such as the SB Radio for those that don't want a local LMS.
It also provides the authentication mechanism for some apps that work in conjunction with LMS. The most notable being Tidal, Deezer and Pandora. As noted a new Tidal plugin for LMS has already launched. There is something for Pandora in development and I'm sure focus will move to Deezer shortly.

Anyone who is prepared to run a local LMS should be well catered for with no loss of key services.

The people that will be affected are the "one button" users of the older SB devices such as the SB Radio, SB Boom and SB Touch who only use them in conjunction with mySB.com for internet radio. They will be left with a useless device unless they run a local LMS.

Why is mySB.com shutting down? Well Logitech have been running it for over 10 years since they last had any income from the sale of an SB device and because it is a worldwide service it costs a lot of money. There are dozens of servers involved in the hosting on AWS. Logitech have finally decided to call it a day.

The LMS community has seen this coming for quite a while so even though we were caught out by the timing of the announcement and the need to move quickly on Tidal, Deezer and Pandora plugins a lot of preparation had already taken place on the core LMS software. The name may be changing for obvious reasons but the software continues in active development.
All true
But Qobuz is totaled at this time

All true
Qobuz and Deezer won’t pose any more difficulty for the devs than Tidal did. Give it a month or two.

I’ve written Python code against all three APIs, they’re all straightforward. Most time consuming part will be translating the many Python examples on GitHub to PERL, which is unfortunately what LMS requires.

Didn’t realise Qobuz was impacted too - thought it was Tidal, Deezer and Pandora
I was just about to say the same thing and I can't see anything on the forums.

After being forced off Allmusic at the start of the year, and having now had to write new plugins for some of the streaming services it's been a busy start to the year!

All true

At the risk of piling on to the last several posts, Qobuz is unaffected. Surely you meant TIDAL?
Even there a plugin is already under development and said to be working in its alpha form, and I imagine Pandora and Deezer will come along in due time as well.

At the risk of piling on to the last several posts, Qobuz is unaffected. Surely you meant TIDAL?
Even there a plugin is already under development and said to be working in its alpha form, and I imagine Pandora and Deezer will come along in due time as well.
Think there’s a beta for Pandora called Pyrrha who seemingly was Pandora’s daughter…🤷‍♂️

Think there’s a beta for Pandora called Pyrrha who seemingly was Pandora’s daughter…🤷‍♂️

So, looks like only Deezer left to be done.

So, looks like only Deezer left to be done.
…and Philippe has a placeholder for it on GitHub

Back