Status Light

spoofer

Should the status light be white or green when streaming Tidal on my pro? It seems I'm having trouble with my ethernet connection and appears to only play using bluetooth from my iPhone. In the audio input , if I click on ethernet it stops playing..

Should the status light be white or green when streaming Tidal on my pro? It seems I'm having trouble with my ethernet connection and appears to only play using bluetooth from my iPhone. In the audio input , if I click on ethernet it stops playing..
Welcome!
Are you using tidal from within the wiim app, or tidal connect?
I only use connect, and it's white.
Switching input or output will stop whatever's playing.

It sounds like you're bluetoothing to the pro, and expecting switching to ethernet in the wiim app to make it magically switch to a different method of streaming tidal!

I think from Tidal connect. When I try to switch my audio input from Bluetooth to Ethernet for better audio quality It doesn't work and I lose audio until I switch back to bluetooth and restart Tidal by hitting play.

I think from Tidal connect. When I try to switch my audio input from Bluetooth to Ethernet for better audio quality It doesn't work and I lose audio until I switch back to bluetooth and restart Tidal by hitting play.
Then I'm pretty certain you aren't using tidal connect. If you were, the wiim would switch to ethernet automatically.

It shows bluetooth under audio input. How can I tell if I'm using Tidal connect or not?

It shows bluetooth under audio input. How can I tell if I'm using Tidal connect or not?
Because the wiim would be using ethernet! ;)

But more seriously, when you are in the tidal app on your phone and press the 'cast' icon, what options do you have?
You should have an option that has your wiim device name and 'tidal connect' under it.
(Well, that's what I see on android, maybe iphone app is slightly different.)
Maybe provide a screenshot.

Okay I am connected to the ethernet now. Many Thanks so far!! BUT it says Airplay, where it should say Tidal Connect. How do I switch it over to Tidal for better sound quality?? I have tried everything. Thanks

You have 2 options you can either:
1.) Use tidal connect as per @Fender s post, this is the simplest and most elegant solution
2.) If this doesn't work for whatever reason, select "tidal" in the wiim app and play the music there.

I am playing Tidal in the Wiim app. I pay or the High end script, and it is playing 256 kbps, 16 bits, 44.1 kHz. It should be playing at a much higher rate. Some how I have to figure out how to stop playing Tidal through Airplay and using Tidal connect. When I click on the speaker icon it has the Airplay icon on top of the screen and lists my phone, I don't know how to set it to play the high def. Says it's not available with my subscription. Tidal is playing through airplay and the Wii app. Just not the high def one.

Do you have an iPad or something else you can try? Someone on the Naim forum seemed to be having a similar issue so perhaps it’s an intermittent iOS/Tidal issue. I’d try contacting Tidal support

Back