Wiim Pro will not connect to wifi

Alpacamarc

Hi all, as the subject states my Wiim Pro will not connect to our wifi network. It should flash white slowly after booting up but it only alternates green/white quickly. Holding the play button for 3 seconds does nothing, I've tried holding it for longer with no result.

The Wiim works via ethernet just fine, I've updated the firmware using this connection and also rebooted the device a few times via the Settings menu while connected to ethernet. When I unplug the ethernet cable however it goes back to the fast alternating green/white light but cannot be found in the app.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help

I think the Wiim required Bluetooth for the default Wi-Fi connection.

Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and try your Wi-Fi connection again.

Once the Wi-Fi connection is successful, you can turn off your phone's Bluetooth and you're fine.

Do you have bluetooth enabled on your device (just for initial wifi setup)?
Does the pro's hotspot show in your list of networks?
Bluetooth is enabled on my phone (that I am using for the Wiim app). There are no other networks showing up in my list of WiFi devices aside from my home network devices.

I'm not at home to try for myself atm, but there's an option in the network settings to disable wifi when it's connected via ethernet.
I'd expect that to only work (i.e. disable wifi) when there's ethernet is plugged in, but maybe it's worth a shot to plug ethernet back and and check / disable that opion, then pull the ethernet and try again?
Other than that, have you tried the IT 101 approach, and rebooted *everything*, modem included.

I'm not at home to try for myself atm, but there's an option in the network settings to disable wifi when it's connected via ethernet.
I'd expect that to only work (i.e. disable wifi) when there's ethernet is plugged in, but maybe it's worth a shot to plug ethernet back and and check / disable that opion, then pull the ethernet and try again?
Other than that, have you tried the IT 101 approach, and rebooted *everything*, modem included.
Yes, while trying various things via ethernet I've toggled the WiFi option a few times and made sure it is left enabled when disconnecting the LAN cable. The Wiim, my wifi router, and my phone have all been rebooted a number of times since I came across this issue.

Silly question?
Have you ever had the wiim connected via wifi?
It was when I first got it back in March, used it a couple of times then when I went to use it a few weeks later this issue started. It's been sitting on the shelf ever since because summer came along, tried troubleshooting a few times since w/no luck. Factory Reset FTW! Thanks again

Back