Wiim Pro says successfully connected to wifi, then fails to find my device.

jmtremble

Hello all,
I was gifted a Wiim pro for christmas, and I had it hooked up to my home stereo and it worked flawlessly on my parent’s home wifi. I just returned to my college apartment and attempted to get it set up on my stereo here, and have not been successful. Initially, my phone finds the Wiim with bluetooth, and it successfully connects to my apartment complex's wifi, but after that it says 'searching for Wiim pro' for a very long time and says ‘Your device is already connected to a wifi network, but the app couldn’t find your device’. There is a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz wifi available, and I made sure that both my phone and the Wiim were connected to the same one(5ghz). I assume the problem is something to do with my apartment’s wifi, as it worked great when I was at my parent’s house. Anybody have any wisdom? I've already tried factory reseting the device and reinstalling the app, as well as attemping both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
Thanks!

Hello all,
I was gifted a Wiim pro for christmas, and I had it hooked up to my home stereo and it worked flawlessly on my parent’s home wifi. I just returned to my college apartment and attempted to get it set up on my stereo here, and have not been successful. Initially, my phone finds the Wiim with bluetooth, and it successfully connects to my apartment complex's wifi, but after that it says 'searching for Wiim pro' for a very long time and says ‘Your device is already connected to a wifi network, but the app couldn’t find your device’. There is a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz wifi available, and I made sure that both my phone and the Wiim were connected to the same one(5ghz). I assume the problem is something to do with my apartment’s wifi, as it worked great when I was at my parent’s house. Anybody have any wisdom? I've already tried factory reseting the device and reinstalling the app, as well as attemping both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
Thanks!
Just a wild guess, but your college's admins may have isolation mode set on your network's APs for security reasons.

Just a wild guess, but your college's admins may have isolation mode set on your network's APs for security reasons.
I'm guessing you are correct. I have an ethernet port in my room, so I think i'll hook up my own router to fix this. I tried to connect the Wiim directly with ethernet and got the same result.

I'm guessing you are correct. I have an ethernet port in my room, so I think i'll hook up my own router to fix this. I tried to connect the Wiim directly with ethernet and got the same result.
Or you could set up a WISP-capable wireless router which would accomplish the same thing. Sounds like you know what you're doing. :)

I assume you have some kind of web landing page when you connect to your network.

Or you could set up a WISP-capable wireless router which would accomplish the same thing. Sounds like you know what you're doing. :)

I assume you have some kind of web landing page when you connect to your network.
I actually do not have a web landing page, it isn't an on campus apartment so it isn't campus wifi. The wifi is just free and non password protected.

Not sure if any solution was found but I'm have exactly the same problem. Trying everything. Even full reboot of all systems from Scratch. Any updates would be great

I believe college has restricted internet access that don’t allow certain things. To rule out the problem, try to connect that to your parents house. If all fail, send message to wiim app so they can look at your device log.

Back