Wiim app can't "find" Wiim Mini

austinorgans

Hi. First-time poster here. I was using my Wiim Mini without issue for years. But, suddenly, the Wiim app on my iPhone can no longer "find" my Wiim Mini. The Wiim app can detect the Wiim Mini enough to "set it up" (i.e., connect it to WiFi). But, after the Wiim Mini is "set up," the Wiim app "searches" for the Wiim Mini and just spins and spins until it says it "could not find" my Wiim Mini. (Strangely, I can still "Tidal Connect" to the Wiim Mini. So it seems to be a Wiim app problem rather than an iPhone problem).

I feel like I've tried everything: delete and reinstall Wiim app, reset Wiim Mini to factory settings, reset Network Settings on my iPhone, made sure Wiim Mini and iPhone are on the same WiFi network (same 5G band), emailed LinkPlay support several times (they even sent me a replacement Wiim Mini that has the same problem), searched this forum for the same issue. But I'm coming up empty. Any ideas?

Hi. First-time poster here. I was using my Wiim Mini without issue for years. But, suddenly, the Wiim app on my iPhone can no longer "find" my Wiim Mini. The Wiim app can detect the Wiim Mini enough to "set it up" (i.e., connect it to WiFi). But, after the Wiim Mini is "set up," the Wiim app "searches" for the Wiim Mini and just spins and spins until it says it "could not find" my Wiim Mini. (Strangely, I can still "Tidal Connect" to the Wiim Mini. So it seems to be a Wiim app problem rather than an iPhone problem).

I feel like I've tried everything: delete and reinstall Wiim app, reset Wiim Mini to factory settings, reset Network Settings on my iPhone, made sure Wiim Mini and iPhone are on the same WiFi network (same 5G band), emailed LinkPlay support several times (they even sent me a replacement Wiim Mini that has the same problem), searched this forum for the same issue. But I'm coming up empty. Any ideas?
Please restart your router if it happens again. Also, please send us a ticket from the App so we can troubleshoot it further. Thank you!

Another possibility is that your WiFi signal might be just a little too weak for the Mini. I experienced the same problems you mentioned -- setup went OK, playback generally worked esp. with Spotify Connect, but then the Mini would frequently not be findable by the app, and ultimately playback would stop as well. Even though the WiiM app would generally say the Mini's WiFi signal was "OK", or at worst, "Weak", the connection would get lost.
The Mini replaced a Sonos speaker that didn't have problem, but it may be that the antenna in the Mini just isn't that strong given how small (and affordable) it is.
I could get the Mini to work better by repositioning it (e.g. on its side, instead of laying flat on its back, or rotating it a bit).
But the more complete solution for me was to get an inexpensive WiFi extender and plug it in near the Mini. That solved the problem completely.

Back