STATUS LIGHT?

JimFall

Hi, ever since the newest update, my status light on the WiiM Pro stays on constantly. I've set it to turn off after 30 seconds but it stays on all the time. Is there a new issue with this?

Odd mine only has an off or on slider position for status light. They’re a standby mode that allows you to set time to go into standby mode. The status light on same page (need to scroll down)

Odd mine only has an off or on slider position for status light. They’re a standby mode that allows you to set time to go into standby mode. The status light on same page (need to scroll down)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_185116_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_185116_WiiM Home.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 32
I’m using an apple iPad with the pro. Just checked they’re viewable on my android device. The standby there just had scroll down to get screenshot of Status light.

Last edited:
Standby option was for toslink output. Not sure if it is related to device standby mode.

There’s new firmware update on pro 3558. I did not get release note but this firmware broke the standby setting.

Hi, ever since the newest update, my status light on the WiiM Pro stays on constantly. I've set it to turn off after 30 seconds but it stays on all the time. Is there a new issue with this?
I just got that update the white light stays on all the time unlike previous firmware it turn off on setting on standby.

Pro is on 24/7 because of this, what else is new on this firmware? Did anyone get release note?

Pro is on 24/7 because of this, what else is new on this firmware? Did anyone get release note?
This is what the Android Play Store listed as the release notes for this most recent update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106_100012_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230106_100012_Google Play Store.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 28
Same issue. Both Mini and PRO LED lights are always on now. Standy setting seems to be ignored. I submitted a ticket.

Same issue. Both Mini and PRO LED lights are always on now. Standy setting seems to be ignored. I submitted a ticket.
Wiim told me the new firmware the light will always be on and if you don’t like the light turn off status light. I would rather have the old firmware where the light turn off on set standby. Because the light was white I can’t tell if the unit went on standby unless it change to different color,

Wiim told me the new firmware the light will always be on and if you don’t like the light turn off status light. I would rather have the old firmware where the light turn off on set standby. Because the light was white I can’t tell if the unit went on standby unless it change to different color,
100% agreed... Just seems silly.. Why "fix" something that ain't broken to being with ? Always nice to have some indication of what it is doing and if it is doing nothing, no light... Seems so logical.

Wiim support usually answer the forum now I don’t see that happening. They don’t answer back like they used to.

Wiim support usually answer the forum now I don’t see that happening. They don’t answer back like they used to.
Guess they’re pretty busy with achieving Roon ready etc plus personally I feel this isn’t the best place to ask WiiM for support as the feedback section in the app is there for that, plus that sends WiiM your device logs to allow them to diagnose and keep track of any issues.

I much prefer forums like this to be for user interaction, help and sharing of issues, ideas etc.

Since many people relied on the LED indicator to check their network connection and wanted to keep the LED indicator always on, we changed it back so the LED is still on when the device enters the standby mode. If you want to turn off the LED indicator, you can do so with the WiiM Home App by selecting the Device tab > Tap the device setting icon > Hardware > Turn off the Status light.

From wiim support via wiim app.

Back