STATUS LIGHT?

Since many people relied on the LED indicator to check their network connection and wanted to keep the LED indicator always on, we changed it back so the LED is still on when the device enters the standby mode. If you want to turn off the LED indicator, you can do so with the WiiM Home App by selecting the Device tab > Tap the device setting icon > Hardware > Turn off the Status light.

From wiim support via wiim app.
Would it be possible to have a toggle in the app to select if you want the light to turn off in standby mode? I personally prefer that option. If I follow you suggestion, I can't know if the WiiM is actively streaming to a device in another location with no light.

Wiim told me the new firmware the light will always be on and if you don’t like the light turn off status light. I would rather have the old firmware where the light turn off on set standby. Because the light was white I can’t tell if the unit went on standby unless it change to different color,
What does it change for you to know if it's in standby mode or not?

I know if I successfully stopped streaming an application to the WiiM at a glance. I don't always use the app. Sometimes I stream to my WiiM using an Alaxa device. And the location I am streaming to, is not always in the same location in my house, as where the WiiM is located.

I know if I successfully stopped streaming an application to the WiiM at a glance. I don't always use the app. Sometimes I stream to my WiiM using an Alaxa device. And the location I am streaming to, is not always in the same location in my house, as where the WiiM is located.
You do not have a stop button usually. It's a pause.
And what advantage such knowledge about stopped streaming gives to you?

You do not have a stop button usually. It's a pause.
And what advantage such knowledge about stopped streaming gives to you?
XM Radio only lets you stream to one device at a time. I have told my Alexa device to stop streaming. Go to another location in the house and find that the WiiM did not let go of the stream. So back downstairs to stop it. With a glance at knowing it went to standby, problem solved.

XM Radio only lets you stream to one device at a time. I have told my Alexa device to stop streaming. Go to another location in the house and find that the WiiM did not let go of the stream. So back downstairs to stop it. With a glance at knowing it went to standby, problem solved.
Well, but there is no device standby mode in fact. Standby mode setting tells when to switch off the digital output when playback has been paused.
Let's say you use Spotify Connect. During playback WiiM goes to mode = 31 which has been defined for Spotify Connect and it will have status = play. When you pause the playback it goes to status = pause. After a time defined in standby mode setting its digital output will turn off but status will still remain at pause. When you disconnect from Spotify it gets a status = stop. If you disconnect without pausing first it will go to status = stop immediately and the digital output will switch off regardless of the standby mode setting.

Furthermore it is giving a false impression that something is wrong, device is faulty or it lost a power when the only indicator turns off.
I would like to have a different led color to indicate that device plays something, but it shouldn't turn off the led completely.

My wiim is in a cabinet with all the other electronic stuff that a TV seems to gravitationally attract.
As long as I can hear something when I cast to it then I have no reason to ever look at it :)

I like the old firmware and when you set let say 30s the status white light goes off. The white light is on when you streaming so how do you know if the standby is working when you still see white light? It doesn’t get dim or bright it was consistent.

I like the old firmware and when you set let say 30s the status white light goes off. The white light is on when you streaming so how do you know if the standby is working when you still see white light? It doesn’t get dim or bright it was consistent.
I don't need to know if this magic standby mode is working as it doesn't matter at all. Standby setting tells when to switch off toslink output in paused state, and it works.

I don't need to know if this magic standby mode is working as it doesn't matter at all. Standby setting tells when to switch off toslink output in paused state, and it works.
Who are you telling me what I like or not? Doesn’t look like I’m you? If you like that way it is then that fine but telling others what they like is plane wrong. Stay silent if you don’t like others people idea.

Who are you telling me what I like or not? Doesn’t look like I’m you? If you like that way it is then that fine but telling others what they like is plane wrong. Stay silent if you don’t like others people idea.
Huh?? Where did he say that? In fact, you quoted @onlyoneme verbatim when he wrote, "I don't need to know...", and nowhere does he tell you what *you* like or not (nor does he even pretend to know, so far as I can see).

Huh?? Where did he say that? In fact, you quoted @onlyoneme verbatim when he wrote, "I don't need to know...", and nowhere does he tell you what *you* like or not (nor does he even pretend to know, so far as I can see).
That user name is known to criticize others comments but you do realized this a forum to express features, report bugs and many others.

I guess at this point we have to consider that the white light just means a successful connection to the network. Personally I liked it better when it shut off in standby mode. My wife and kids also have the app on their phones and could listening to music in a different room. It was helpful to know the wiim wasn't already in use if I wanted to play something in the main music setup in the living room. Also, maybe I'm a bit weird, but there is some piece of mind knowing things aren't running when the house is empty.

That user name is known to criticize others comments but you do realized this a forum to express features, report bugs and many others.
I don't see anything wrong with debating opinions, so long as they don't descend into silly ad hominem unpleasantness. And in this forum, probably best to avoid discussions about politics, religion, ethnicity, and subjectivism vs. objectivism. There are other venues for that.

Who are you telling me when I can talk and when I can't? Besides I do not tell what you should like at all... I simply share an idea that changing the led color based on the current state would be probably more consistent as the standby setting is not related to the device standby mode thus linking status led behavior to that wasn't correct.

Who are you telling me when I can talk and when I can't? Besides I do not tell what you should like at all... I simply share an idea that changing the led color based on the current state would be probably more consistent as the standby setting is not related to the device standby mode thus linking status led behavior to that wasn't correct.
Stay away from putting my user name on your comment to avoid further conflict, ok peace!

I'm going to suggest you to use Ignore option if you have such kind of aversion to my activity here.
You see your telling me what what I like to do just don’t include my user name that’s all I’m asking then you and I won’t have an issue. Peace!

Back