STATUS LIGHT?

BTW, I can see

Improvement - Keep the LED on when entering the standby mode

but also

Improvement - Reduce the brightness of the LED when device is idle

in the latest release notes for Pro.

Response from Wiim Support: "The status light is on when device is idle in the latest firmware. If your device is idle, the audio output will be idle and your device will enter low-power mode."

Would it be possible to have a toggle in the app to select if you want the light to turn off in standby mode? I personally prefer that option. If I follow you suggestion, I can't know if the WiiM is actively streaming to a device in another location with no light.
That would be good. The light should go off with no input or on standby.

The reduce brightness doesn’t seems to work I get same brightness whether being use or not. It’s in latest firmware notes.

The reduce brightness doesn’t seems to work I get same brightness whether being use or not. It’s in latest firmware notes.
FWIW, with the latest firmware update, my Pro will dim (but not extinguish) its LED after it stops receiving input from a source (in this case, via WiFi). As soon as a source begins sending data to it, the LED will brighten noticeably.

FWIW, with the latest firmware update, my Pro will dim (but not extinguish) its LED after it stops receiving input from a source (in this case, via WiFi). As soon as a source begins sending data to it, the LED will brighten noticeably.
Just
Would it be possible to have a toggle in the app to select if you want the light to turn off in standby mode? I personally prefer that option. If I follow you suggestion, I can't know if the WiiM is actively streaming to a device in another location with no light.
I'm wondering the same thing... why doesn't the standby light either go off or change colour (ie turn red, like nearly all other electronic equipment in the world) when the unit enters standby?? Standby is important for me because I intend to use the trigger output to control my active speakers into coming out of standby (power saving) mode. Having a clearly defined standby (or power on/off) state is essential for this..

Just

I'm wondering the same thing... why doesn't the standby light either go off or change colour (ie turn red, like nearly all other electronic equipment in the world) when the unit enters standby?? Standby is important for me because I intend to use the trigger output to control my active speakers into coming out of standby (power saving) mode. Having a clearly defined standby (or power on/off) state is essential for this..
Right now, it just stays on full, either white or green, regardless of what it is doing or (not) playing. Changing the Status Led option in the settings menu just turns it off altogether, regardless of whether is it on (streaming) or not, how useless? I thought the menu option was meant to mean the led turns off when in standby, not just all the time?

Right now, it just stays on full, either white or green, regardless of what it is doing or (not) playing. Changing the Status Led option in the settings menu just turns it off altogether, regardless of whether is it on (streaming) or not, how useless? I thought the menu option was meant to mean the led turns off when in standby, not just all the time?
I like it when on standby that’s it off. The update made many unhappy. Off or different color on standby, preferably red.

Hat schon jemand wirklichen Stromverbrauch gemessen. Betrieb oder Standby. Ich habe leider keine Möglichkeit das selbst zu machen.
Mit der Statusanzeige sollte doch eigentlich zu sehen sein, dass man Offline oder Online ist.

Last edited:
I like it when on standby that’s it off. The update made many unhappy. Off or different color on standby, preferably red.
Couldn't agree more! The current status light implementation is just useless...

That little white light is bright. I switched it off because it was a large distraction.

Hat schon jemand wirklichen Stromverbrauch gemessen. Betrieb oder Standby. Ich habe leider keine Möglichkeit das selbst zu machen.
Mit der Statusanzeige sollte doch eigentlich zu sehen sein, dass man Offline oder Online ist.
Power consumption is negligible. 1W or so.

The LED statuses for the Wiim Pro definitely need some work. I have Wifi disabled, no blutooth device paired, and no optical SPDIF or Line in input connected (SPDIF is output). I am using the wired ethernet only.

Mostly the status LED is on solid white, with no noticeable dimming when in standby mode (set standby mode to 30 seconds). However, occasionally I come in and the LED is on solid green. Don't know why, since I don't have the Wiim Pro blue tooth paired to my phone.

I did notice the white LED got less bright after rebooting. While rebooting the white LED was on solid and very bright. Once it was "connected to wifi", and I assume wired ethernet as well, the solid white LED dimmed a bit.

The white LED brightness does not change whether I am playing content or not, or when it is in standby mode.

I also have the problem, as I switch between input devices, of sometimes leaving on music streaming to the Wiim Pro, when the downstream device is not listening to the optical SPDIF from the Wiim Pro.

I would be a fan of the Wiim Pro adding a less bright, solid on, red+white LED option to indicate no music is playing and it is in standby mode. That LED combination does not appear to be currently used.

I agree with that comments. It would be good to have the light turn off (or of a different color) to know when the wiim is on standby (for example, to avoid consuming data in background if you forget to turn off the streaming).

I agree with that comments. It would be good to have the light turn off (or of a different color) to know when the wiim is on standby (for example, to avoid consuming data in background if you forget to turn off the streaming).
Hi Team,

Thank you so much for all your great suggestions. I'll bring these back to our Eng. team and see what improvements we can make. Thank you!

I don't need to know if this magic standby mode is working as it doesn't matter at all. Standby setting tells when to switch off toslink output in paused state, and it works.
Not in mi case. I have a topping e50 connected via toshlink. If I play pause on tidal connect, Wiim mini doesn't go into standby mode. I have to play pause into Wiim app and then standby mode works and shut down the topping.

Last edited:
The LED statuses for the Wiim Pro definitely need some work. I have Wifi disabled, no blutooth device paired, and no optical SPDIF or Line in input connected (SPDIF is output). I am using the wired ethernet only.

Mostly the status LED is on solid white, with no noticeable dimming when in standby mode (set standby mode to 30 seconds). However, occasionally I come in and the LED is on solid green. Don't know why, since I don't have the Wiim Pro blue tooth paired to my phone.

I did notice the white LED got less bright after rebooting. While rebooting the white LED was on solid and very bright. Once it was "connected to wifi", and I assume wired ethernet as well, the solid white LED dimmed a bit.

The white LED brightness does not change whether I am playing content or not, or when it is in standby mode.

I also have the problem, as I switch between input devices, of sometimes leaving on music streaming to the Wiim Pro, when the downstream device is not listening to the optical SPDIF from the Wiim Pro.

I would be a fan of the Wiim Pro adding a less bright, solid on, red+white LED option to indicate no music is playing and it is in standby mode. That LED combination does not appear to be currently used.

With the firmware update of 12 February 2023, now the white status LED (connected to wired network/wifi) is clearly dim when the system is on standby (no music playing), and gets bright when I play something. The white light then gets dim again after 30 seconds, my setting for stand by mode.

This works for me to indicate whether or not music is playing.

Hi,
there is white and red LED inside the box. Would it be possible to define in the settings when each color is active?

My preffered setting would be:
Operation - white (or blue if once possible)
Standby - red
Disconnected - red blinking or so...

Hi,
there is white and red LED inside the box. Would it be possible to define in the settings when each color is active?

My preffered setting would be:
Operation - white (or blue if once possible)
Standby - red
Disconnected - red blinking or so...
Seemingly the LEDs used can’t do blue

I have made the LED blue :)
Placed a little piece of transparent scotch and painted it with a blue marker.
Perfectly matching Rotel amplfier with blue LEDs.

I would be also intrested to make the front panel silver, as the amp is.

Back