Shutting off amp

Happydog

I shut off amp and light on left is on and two lights left of knob. Amp stays at 90 f , 20 degrees hotter than ambient air all night. I don’t think it shutting off , second time for this to happen .

Last edited:
That’s barely warm to the touch though, is it? My dormant WiiM Amp registers about 30c on a shelf that’s 20c, while my WiiM Pro Plus also shows around 30c, as does my Fire Tv Cube, while my WiiM Pro sits around 25c. None are running hot which might otherwise concern me.

What about 3 lights being on? I would think with advanced electronics , Off would be off with no heat.

What about 3 lights being on? I would think with advanced electronics , Off would be off with no heat.
I don’t know if it’s the lack of a physical switch (which I think it should have) and the fact that mains current is still being fed to the unit that‘s the cause of some heat generation. Guess it always needs to have some awareness to be awoken by the app or remote.

I have my Amp on a Smart switch which I turn off when I don’t use the amp.

I was wondering the same thing. The power light dims just a little and the volume lights stay on. I guess that's what standby is for these.
Personally, I'm going to leave it plugged in and on standby.
Electronics seem to have a longer lifespan being on vs on/off cycles but could just be me.

Back