WiiM Amp speaker outputs

jeapie

Hi All,
Does somebody know if WiiM Amp have a post-filter feedback at its speaker outputs ?
It would be interesting to get a block diagram to verify this.

Thanks Brantome...PFFB does not seem to be implemented today. Perhaps a future release ?

Thanks Brantome...PFFB does not seem to be implemented today. Perhaps a future release ?
Since we are talking hardware here, a "future release" means "a different device". There have been rumours about an upcoming "WiiM Amp Ultra" since the WiiM Amp was introduced, but if this should ever become true it might be using a complete different power amplifier.

Also, PFFB is not just a matter of "let's put those parts on the PCB"or not. Any sort of negative feedback means that you are losing gain. In the case of the TPA3255 reference implementation it is ~6 dB of gain. You have to make up for that loss with extra gain being generated furthe up the amp stages.

There have been rumours about an upcoming "WiiM Amp Ultra" since the WiiM Amp was introduced, but if this should ever become true it might be using a complete different power amplifier.
Not aware of that, just the WiiM Ultra streamer and maybe a 110w version of the current Amp which is being made available for the Custom Installation market, but nothing with that moniker.

Not aware of that, just the WiiM Ultra streamer and maybe a 110w version of the current Amp which is being made available for the Custom Installation market, but nothing with that moniker.
You should know better than me, but rumours of this 110 W version have fed speculation on the internet, for sure (and I think in this forum as well).

I think the future is pre amps.

Let's face it, any Wiim Amp is, by definition, going to be 'everything but the speakers'.

WiiM have got the streamer, DAC and functionality nailed (with more bands of PEQ and room correction both 'coming soon', apparently). But they don't make external amps, and the amp you want is going to be dependent on your speakers (and room size, etc.) which is different for everyone.

Back