B&W 603S2 or KEF IQ70 for WiiM Amp?

Another question would be..( i really dont know) what is the risk of buying an second handed amp?
I can imagine buying a second handed speaker is something else then an amp.
From a store would be safer i could also imagine..
The WIIM amp has such a great price no second handed needed ofcourse.

Another question would be..( i really dont know) what is the risk of buying an second handed amp?
I can imagine buying a second handed speaker is something else then an amp.
From a store would be safer i could also imagine..
The WIIM amp has such a great price no second handed needed ofcourse.
Not sure what happens if a WiiM amp is broken and how service would look. I fear it is more or less a replacement product. Classic amps f.e. have great communities for getting help on the technical side. Even parts can be replaced, a 200 Ohm resistor is easy to get. It is of course the question how deep one wants to dig in and if he is willing and able to handle a soldering iron. Enough space is in the old devices, everything is a bit better to reach ;-)
As long as no experience is available how long such modern small items mostly from Far East will last nothing reliable can be said. Up to everyone, I think the WiiM Amp is a nice piece technology. All-in-one has its charme, but as for everything there are valid alternatives.

I dont know how much support a shop would give if you buy an second handed model. On the othter hand there are older amps that last for years without problems? But buying an amp second handed thats something one has to decide for themselves. You will have to dig a little deeper and take a litte risk in this manner. Life isn,t without risks.. Not sure what the risks are because i dont have any experience with this. An amp is maybe something different than a second handed smarthpone or lets say a car?

The valid alternatives from the WIIM amp come more into place just because of i WIIM device as a mini,pro or pro plus. I mean then you have for instance with an older amp all the modern possibilities and the support. Something that is very important i would think.
Im very pleased with the amp..a excellent sound in combination with my speakers.

On price point.. if you go for a second handed amp then you will have to pay for the mini, pro or pro plus too.

And again the speakers are very very important. Thats a very good base maybe thats the good words. From there you cant go wrong with theWiim amp or an alternative AMP...thats my opinion.
Look further if there is something what speakers you prefer..you could also look for brands like DALI, Emotiva..and so on.
There are enough videos to be find on you tube.
What also important..there are amps/ speakers who are quite expensive. But is i worth such a big amount of money? Do you know what i mean?
Best buy for you,re buck and something as deminishing returns ...or are people asking a reasonable price for their second handed gear..
Here is for instance this video.. lots of others to expore: I think cheap audio man gives good reviews.

Last edited:
Cheap Randall Messman, the Destroyer ;-)
Every single week other devices were destroyed. Wait three weeks, the destroyers will for sure be destroyed. He does his job and makes a fortune, so all is fine for him. He does not make mistakes. For his business.

Back