Wiim Amp + Q Acoustic 3010i vs HomePod 2 stereo pair?

guybrown

Hey all,

As per the title, I am trying to find out if a Wiim Amp paired with a pair of Q Acoustic 3010i speakers will sound as good as or better that a HomePod 2 stereo pair?

Thanks in advance.

Guy

The WiiM / Q Acoustic combo should sound better on an objective basis but they are your ears….,

Definitely the Wiim + Q acoustics is a more robust hardware equipment that should sound a lot better but will also offer a ton more in versatility.

Despite what some more negative people say, the WiiM sounds great! A little lean, but honestly for my home office it sounds fine.

I would recommend pairing it with a warmer pair of speakers, (I have no idea of the profile of the specific speaker you mentioned having not heard it) or if the budget stretches, add a sub into the mix (something Apple can't do)

In short, as much as I love my iPhone, I would go with the WiiM

I bought the WiiM amp and the 3010i 😎

They should arrive tomorrow. Should be able to sell both the HomePods and recoup most of the money.

I wanted to go with a pair of 3020i for the added bass but it is for a desktop / office setup and I thought the 3020i’s would be pushing it size wise.

Maybe I could add a sub at a later point so smaller speakers on the desk and added bass from the sub.

With the right speakers the wiim can be pretty bassy. Mine is connected to some wharefdale lintons and I see no need for a sub

I bought the WiiM amp and the 3010i 😎

They should arrive tomorrow. Should be able to sell both the HomePods and recoup most of the money.

I wanted to go with a pair of 3020i for the added bass but it is for a desktop / office setup and I thought the 3020i’s would be pushing it size wise.

Maybe I could add a sub at a later point so smaller speakers on the desk and added bass from the sub.
Pls share your opinion after got it. I'm also interesting in 3010i.

Back