What are you listening to?

Still walking through this thread from the beginning. Will still last a good while. Prefer the posts with anecdotes or personal words if possible. All other informations can be get easy. Will try.

A bit unfair to expect always so much from the old artists. Love Bruce very much but the teasers were already not great.
Technically of course well made. Expectable and slick. Mostly Maiden quotes obviously. Unfortunately not good ones. My subjective opinion: Boring. Uninspired. He could do much better. For fans only ;-)

IMG_2495.jpeg

Stone Roses meet Oasis. What started in Knebworth in 2022 ended for now in this album. Nice ;-)

IMG_2496.jpeg

Last but not least. The boys from Leeds with a "wry, chaotic and infectious" album. My album of the week.

IMG_2498.jpeg

"When the levee breaks" let me always think at Annie Nightingale from BBC who passed in January. Breakbeats. Possibly this expression was her invention?

IMG_2500.jpeg

Phil Spector targets Leonard Cohen's neck with a loaded pistol. His hand doesn't tremble. You don't notice the many drinks. Then he unlocked the loaded gun. "I love you, Leonard!" he says without taking the gun from Cohen's face. "I hope so, Phil!" Cohen whispers in response. After that the two work until the early hours of the morning on the title song of Death of A Ladies' Man, one of the best Leonard Cohen songs ever.

IMG_2503.jpeg

Back