What are you listening to?

Laura Nyro, daughter of a jazz trumpeter with Italian roots, is considered one of the first musicians to be a songwriter, interpreter, arranger and producer of her songs at the end of the sixties. At the age of 17 her first album with sophisticated music between folk, blues and soul was released. It got good reviews and, although she delivered at that times disturbing lyrics for the audience, was also commercially successful.

IMG_2506.jpeg

Minimalist music. Sounds great on the Amp.😮
The silences, the music..notes.. wonderful.
Instruments sound very natural 😊😊
Screenshot_20240303-143412.png

Last edited:
No idea if this can be proof Qobuz and Tidal got the same stuff from the record companies. But this album shows exactly the same digits for every track in the WiiM app and on my DAC with both streaming services.

Knowing that what follows can cause disputes but it is my very own opinion. If your amp, your streamer and your speakers meets certain "standards" and with your Wiim Amp at least the first two points are set you can chose all of them. I can write here about Apple, Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify because this are the ones I use and all deliver great sound. The only service I bet I can hear inferior sound is YT music. Their strength is on another field ;-)
There are many personal preferences with the UIs and the algorithms of the services but that has nothing to do with sound quality. Even Spotify can sound great if the rest of your chain is decent enough. This resolution fetishism deserves a closer look. Again, there are other views on this things.

Back