WiimAmp vs Eversolo vs Cambridge Audio Evo 150

I only heard a microscopic difference in sound. Maybe in real life it is more significant.
Have you heard any difference?

I only heard a microscopic difference in sound. Maybe in real life it is more significant.
Have you heard any difference?
I don't have good headphones, I have a pair o Turtle Beach 700 max 2 (gaming headset). Only difference I've heard is vs Eversolo . Eversolo has more low end , but ..I don't think worth upgrade to those two. Maybe other amp, with much better implementation of amp modules.

There was an old fashioned thinking in football: Money does not score goals. Reality is different. Look at City or Real. There is the opposite with PSG for example. But the likelihood that more money equals more quality is over a longer timeline obvious.
Similar in audio. The chance to get better grows with the budget.
But with devices like the WiiM range available this is whining on a high level ;-)

If anything, this sounds like improper level matching to me. The Eversolo combo always sounds the loudest.

Maybe $400 speaker cables are just not good enough for Cambridge Audio and WiiM to show their full potential. ;)

Apart from that, the comments are really interesting. There doesn't seem to be a clear favorite. Could this be due to YouTube's low resolution? Naaaahh ... impossible.

Last edited:
You're not going to hear difference on Youtube between amp in the same class , but between 100€ amp and 1500€ amp , with good headphones , should hear differences if there are (in this video)

Whether or not it’s possible to hear a difference on a YouTube video, I think we’d all agree that it’d have to be set up very professionally, level matched, etc., and you’d have to trust the person conducting it.

I’m not saying person who made this video is untrustworthy, just that I don’t have any information either way to say whether he is or isn’t.

I remember a Youtuber made a video A/B-ing a big-box Pioneer AVR and a top end Marantz AVR via "blind test". Comments were collected. Turned out the Youtuber pranked the listeners. All he did was turned up the volume.

I'm not trying to discredit these sort of videos. I am sure the intent of the above poster was a public service, however I hope the audience use discretion due to the variability.

Back