DAC Filters switching no difference in Pro Plus

borispavlo

Hi,
My Wiim Pro Plus is connected to the Marantz PM6007 via analog RCAs. I noticed that there was absolutely no difference in the sound when changing the DAC filters from the corresponding menu in the app. Is it the same for you?

Hello since the thread is about PM6007 and WiiM pro, I’d like to ask your expert advice on what WiiM to get to get the best setup with my PM6007. Initial idea was to use toslink out to the dac of my PM6007 (I also have CD6007 so was thinking about sound consistency), will the Pro give better result, even slightly, than the mini in that configuration? How about WiiM Pro+, would it make sense to use its own dac and analog out to PM6007 or just a waste of money?
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello since the thread is about PM6007 and WiiM pro, I’d like to ask your expert advice on what WiiM to get to get the best setup with my PM6007. Initial idea was to use toslink out to the dac of my PM6007 (I also have CD6007 so was thinking about sound consistency), will the Pro give better result, even slightly, than the mini in that configuration? How about WiiM Pro+, would it make sense to use its own dac and analog out to PM6007 or just a waste of money?
My entirely amateur advice is that the difference in optical output between a mini and a pro would be so small as to be irrelevant.
I have a 6006 which I used to feed with a mini, now a pro (well, now it goes via an smsl su9). Mainly swapped 'cos I put the mini in a different setup, and wanted ethernet.

As for the pro÷ dac vs the pm6007 dac, well, I can't answer that directly as I don't have a +
However, If you are happy with the 6007 dac (and I don't see why you wouldn't be, if it's anything like my 6006, which is likely!) then I'd suggest sticking with that, and possibly adding an external dac between the wiim and the marantz at a later date if you want to experiment.

Last edited:
Hi, my personal experience as a result of tests is that the dac of the WiiM pro plus is better than the one built into the Marantz PM6007, and I like how it sounds. I am using RCA output. But the difference is subjective, and that's why I think you can safely keep your current configuration, using an optical cable and the built-in Marantz dac. So, no difference between Mini and Pro. Before Pro Plus, I was perfectly happy with Chromecast audio and toslink connection with the amplifier. Also, my Marantz PM6007 has ES Sabre 9010 DAC, but the others have originally announced AKM AK4490 dac. (I was wrote about it somewhere in the previous posts). And my opinion is when comparing between ES Sabre (PM6007) and AKM4493SEQ (WiiM Pro Plus). I also bought a better power supply (ifi iPower 2) for my WiiM Pro plus - and again ... there is a difference, but it's not big enough to spend these extra money.

Last edited:
Back