Volume control and sound quality

Good day! I want to connect Wiim directly to my power amplifier (it has no volume control). And I want to limit volume at 20-30 % to protect my spekers and ears. Is it volume output limit on wiim means the sound quality degradation (as usual digital volume control)?
Thank you

Good day! I want to connect Wiim directly to my power amplifier (it has no volume control). And I want to limit volume at 20-30 % to protect my spekers and ears. Is it volume output limit on wiim means the sound quality degradation (as usual digital volume control)?
Thank you
If I were protecting some expensive speakers, for several reasons my approach would be to do volume control in the analog domain by using an inexpensive but good quality device like a Schiit Sys. Why? Well, relying on an ephemeral configuration in the WiiM could be risky if/when a firmware or app update is pushed that unexpectedly causes your volume control setting to vanish or go to max. And to ensure a bit-perfect signal to the transducers, I would prefer to set fixed volume with no digital processing or variable voltage control to limit output.

In principle, I would prefer equalization in the analog domain as well, but that's a different conversation for another day.

I am agree, absolutely. But I like to use volume control in Wiim Home app, it is comfortable to me to use only my phone to choose music and control volume.

Exactly as Balthazar B. writes.
(I've personally experienced it. My Wiim Amp switched to 100% power by an error in the computer program - all the spiders in the speakers are immediately dead )

I am agree, absolutely. But I like to use volume control in Wiim Home app, it is comfortable to me to use only my phone to choose music and control volume.
I agree with @Balthazar B.

Connect a preamplifier or DAC and adjust the volume of the DAC when the WiiM volume is at 100%. At this time, set the volume to the maximum volume when you listen to music.

That way, you can use the WiiM's volume controller to adjust the volume to any level you want, and it's safe.

Max volume from streamer for theoretically max databits. Preamp for gain control.

This assumes no EQ is applied on the Wiim. Need to compensate for that if you do. It's a whole 'nother topic.

Back