What are you listening to?

1969 (P) Jimmy Page
Recorded over nine days, a total of just 30 hours in the studio, Led Zeppelin's debut album was fully recorded and mixed at a total cost, including artwork , of 1,782 £.

IMG_2783.jpeg

1979 (P) Mutt Lange
Highway to Hell was AC/DC's big breakthrough, their first million-seller. And, sadly, the last record that Bon Scott ever made.

IMG_2784.jpeg

1980 (P) Mutt Lange
There was a powerful significance in that title, and that none-more black cover. On February 19, 1980, Bon Scott was found dead in a parked car near London.
Against the odds, however, they quickly regrouped, deciding that Bon would want it that way. And an bigger-than-life album was born.

IMG_2785.jpeg

1987 (P) Mike Clink
Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest records of all time, and one of the biggest - the biggest selling debut albums, ever - with over 30 million sales worldwide. It revolutionised rock music in the late 80s and transformed Guns 'N Roses into superstars.

IMG_2788.jpeg

1975 (P) Pink Floyd
Wish You Were Here may have marked the beginning of the end for Pink Floyd but their ninth studio album remains one of the most loved works and sounds contemporary now and then. And how many love letters may content "wish you were here" ?

IMG_2789.jpeg

1967 (P) George Martin
For the generation who experienced The Beatles first-hand, Sgt. Pepper wasn't just the greatest Beatles album, it was also the greatest album of all time. There had be nothing like that before.

IMG_2787.jpeg

1969 (P) Jimmy Page
On October 22, less than 300 days after their first album, Jimmy Page and co released Led Zeppelin II. Both heavier and more textured than their debut, it far outstripped the success of its predecessor.

IMG_2791.jpeg

1971 (P) Jimmy Page
For sheer impact, immediacy, concision, endurance, influence and intrinsic Zep-ishness, Led Zeppelin IV is unbeatable. Sometimes referred to as "Four Symbols" it still emits a freshness that belies its age.

IMG_2792.jpeg

1973 (P) Pink Floyd
It's difficult to overstate the influence of Pink Floyd as a defining force in rock culture. They became a phenomenon that has affected every generation since.
So, this is my eternal album since I listened to it first time. Not sure an album will appear that ever changes my mind. Time will tell.
Thats it. Hasta la vista. Good bye.

IMG_2790.jpeg

Today's list is gonna be only hip hop albums with black and white album covers!! Since people on the forums like to see only those two colours it seems... 😂

You owe it to yourself to check at least this one out, one of the best lyricists in the game:
1000001933.png

1973 (P) Pink Floyd
It's difficult to overstate the influence of Pink Floyd as a defining force in rock culture. They became a phenomenon that has affected every generation since.
So, this is my eternal album since I listened to it first time. Not sure an album will appear that ever changes my mind. Time will tell.
Thats it. Hasta la vista. Adieux.

View attachment 6175
Enough said! The Remastered version is simply superb. Thank you for your top 100, it's made me revisit a lot of the material I used to listen to in the 70s and some other artists I've never listened to before.

For recreation after the marathon classic rock run my classical intermezzo for today.
A showpiece for stereo in the late 1970s. And of course for Pepe Romeros's breathtaking art.

IMG_2793.jpeg

Very pure honest music i think. The stories of Ben are wonderful..
Sounds great with the amp😮
Screenshot_20240405-154917.png

Last edited:
Back