What are you listening to?

I remember upsetting an uncle many years ago when I asked him what he was playing and he said "James Last record". When I replied that he thankfully wasn't going to issue any more, he was not amused :ROFLMAO:
This big band was absolutely astonishing with everyone a great musician. But at one point the James Last sound brought me to my Hotel California phenomenon: I simply could not suffer it any more. It was omnipresent, at least in Germany. As I wrote, enough was enough ;-)

Another great record that has it all. Good to see Billy getting the recognition he deserves these days but I prefer his earlier stuff...
1000001928.png

I remember upsetting an uncle many years ago when I asked him what he was playing and he said "James Last record". When I replied that he thankfully wasn't going to issue any more, he was not amused :ROFLMAO:
I have only ever owned one James Last recording, that was a CD called James Last Classics, and it was a promotional gift when I purchased my Sony CDP-101 more than 40 years ago. You could choose one from a selection of 20 CD's, and for me the only suitable one was James Last.

It got a lot of playings at the time, as it was the only CD I had, and it was a few weeks before I got another CD, as there was very little choice available at the launch, and even fewer places to buy them at the time.

All this German/Austrian bandleaders of the various Tanzorchester like Kurt Edelhagen, Max Greger, Hugo Strasser, Paul Kuhn, James Last and some more went the hard way after WW2 in American, British and French military clubs. Those years dance tea and dance schools were an important field to earn their life.

Qobuzissime, for very good reasons. The Beethoven Concerto followed by a number of showpieces brought by this young violin virtuosa. Splendid!

IMG_2795.jpeg

Last of the black and white series. Hopefully it reminds you to sometimes see things in the grey areas... 🫡

It's this time of the day that the playlist starts to get noisy!! And when I say noisy I mean that some of the stuff on this record was and still IS pushing the boundaries of what kind of sounds can be considered music. Absolutely essential listening if you're one of those people who claims to "listen to everything" . 😉

1000001930.png

Last of the black and white series. Hopefully it reminds you to sometimes see things in the grey areas... 🫡

It's this time of the day that the playlist starts to get noisy!! And when I say noisy I mean that some of the stuff on this record was and still IS pushing the boundaries of what kind of sounds can be considered music. Absolutely essential listening if you're one of those people who claims to "listen to everything" . 😉

View attachment 6192
Did it already before, my son brought it. And now he has to fear his heritage ;-). Listened earlier also to your first recommendation. But sorry, it tells me only that it is not my music. Pardon me, I appreciate EVERY recommendation. It's noise.

Ok if @Fender isn't approving of my choices today, then clearly I messed up somewhere in life.
Maybe I need to restore the colour to this sorry existence we call life. Enough of living in the black, white or grey! 😅
1000001938.png

Not at all! It's really rare for people to even take a listen. So I'm just continually amazed that you keep checking out new stuff. 👏
There are very few suggestions which are new for me AND don't get at least a try! Some gets a thumb up, some not. Thats what I hopefully get for my suggestions too. "If two people have always the same opinions, both are rascals!" (Konrad Adenauer)
This thread is my main reason to spend too much time here ;-)

Last edited:
You think I'd let you WiiMers off easily?! Not a chance!!

There's more to this black and white series... I'll keep posting until you guys get the point. (Shocked this didn't make it into @Fender's top 100 tbh)
1000001948.png

L
Psyche! There's no end to the black and white series if that's what people want... 🤷‍♂️
Lmao, last one for today, take it easy WiiMers learn to see the grey areas in life! Best album the band ever put out. Iirc it was recorded in a church?!
1000001950.png

Enjoying a lot this new recording. Ivan Fischer and his orchestra are vastly underrated.IMG_1971.png

Back