What are you listening to?

Low level listening ( the neighbours 😀).
Again ...sounds great on the amp.😮😊👍
This amp amazes me every time again..
Can't get enough of listening to music..
Screenshot_20240405-230426.png

a4014271487_65

Rock dinosaurs. Space rock pioneers. Lemmy's former companions. Counterculture icons. Political activists. Althippies. HAWKWIND have been described in many ways in the past. Boss and founder Dave Brock can live well with this.

IMG_2797.jpeg

Even an old crock like me can enjoy electronica from time to time. Ok, electronica for beginners.

IMG_2798.jpeg

Another band I saw live (at University in the 80s), will give this a listen 👍
Sorry in advance for a very personal long litany.
My last rock concert was Genesis in Berlin 2022.
It was a torn evening. There are a few really great moments, but also a lot of idling in between; after two thirds I've had the feeling that Phil Collins in particular has extinguished the tension of the beginning and he is now singing through the remaining hour rather badly than right. But somehow it doesn't matter either, I was not really in this concert to attend successful music. I was there to say goodbye - to a band that in the seventies and also in the early eighties, some of the greatest songs in the history of pop music. But you also say goodbye to a band that at some point lost the feeling for what its greatness once consisted of; and which, when trying to meet again with its former self, only finds something that has become foreign to it and that she no longer understands. But isn't Genesis doing the way we all feel with our former self? Maybe that's why I left this evening with such great emotion: because, in his failure and in his size, he offered a picture of human existence. At the end of the encore, Genesis Carpet Crawlers from the 1975 The-Lamb-Lies-Down-on-Broadway-LP play, and suddenly everyone is all with themselves and their music again. Phil Collins gets as close to Peter Gabriel's singing as anyone can; the band nestles under him and carries him away: "We've got to get in to get out," sings Phil Collins, we have to come in to be able to get out again: "We've got to get in to get out."

IMG_2800.jpeg

Sorry in advance for a very personal long litany.
My last rock concert was Genesis in Berlin 2022.
It was a torn evening. There are a few really great moments, but also a lot of idling in between; after two thirds I've had the feeling that Phil Collins in particular has extinguished the tension of the beginning and he is now singing through the remaining hour rather badly than right. But somehow it doesn't matter either, I was not really in this concert to attend successful music. I was there to say goodbye - to a band that in the seventies and also in the early eighties, some of the greatest songs in the history of pop music. But you also say goodbye to a band that at some point lost the feeling for what its greatness once consisted of; and which, when trying to meet again with its former self, only finds something that has become foreign to it and that she no longer understands. But isn't Genesis doing the way we all feel with our former self? Maybe that's why I left this evening with such great emotion: because, in his failure and in his size, he offered a picture of human existence. At the end of the encore, Genesis Carpet Crawlers from the 1975 The-Lamb-Lies-Down-on-Broadway-LP play, and suddenly everyone is all with themselves and their music again. Phil Collins gets as close to Peter Gabriel's singing as anyone can; the band nestles under him and carries him away: "We've got to get in to get out," sings Phil Collins, we have to come in to be able to get out again: "We've got to get in to get out."

View attachment 6215
No apology (or jacket 😉) required. Genesis were undoubtedly top of the tree and ahead of their time. I would've loved to have seen them live in their heyday. The closest I came was Phil Collins' Trip into the Light tour in '97 at the NEC, Birmingham featuring his big band era tracks plus a few classics. It's very sad what has happened to him but a privilege that you saw him in what would've been one of his last appearances on stage and with the original band (minus Gabriel?). I'm now going to sit and listen to The Lamb Lies Down... remembering my teenage years. Enjoy your weekend listening.🙏👍

Some post-bop for what seems to be a Saturday summer afternoon! 25° Celsius in Germany in April, weird.
Initial release was with Dolphy mentioned as leader, but it was indeed Carter's album.

IMG_2801.jpeg

Back