What speakers are you using?

I have Q Acoustics 3020i. I found them a bit harsh as well. I tamed the highs a bit with the parametric EQ and now the sound is great!

My speakers hang on the wall with the rear port plugs inserted.
I'm using QA 3020i's with WiiM Amp, but I'm not finding them harsh at all. My sound is not very detailed, but is nicely balanced and pleasant to listen even for longer sessions.
Speakers are positioned in a bookshelf (not a good position, but I have no other option in my room), 250cm from each other and my listening position is a bit less than 3 meters away.
I will, however, audition some more speakers, in order to find out if there's some better synergy.

Hi, I'm new here, so I'm just reading for now :)
I've had my WiiM Amp for two days, connected to my older speakers Revox Symbol B MK2. I haven't tried volume higher than 50% yet, it's already too loud for my ears. I listen to music mainly from Tidal. I'm completely satisfied with the sound quality. :)

IMG_0815.jpg

I'm using a pair of JPW Sonatas from 1993, and a Denon DSW-391 subwoofer from 2010, which was included in my Denon DHT-1311XP 5.1 system. I have my Crossover Frequency set at 70 Hz, and this seems to work well for me.

Last edited:
My WiiM Amp is connected to a pair of Audioengine P4 speakers and a frontfiring Canton subwoofer.

My setup :
Wiim amp + davis acoustics speaker hera 70 ( I live nearby their factory so got a private deal ) + second hand triangle subwoofer.
Full combo for around 700 euros

Sounds very good for Jazz / classic / electro and movies

I really appreciate the automatic input switch when turning on the TV ( my wife wouldnt tolerate to click different buttons on different remotes just to have the TV sound )

My musical sources are mainly high resolution with Qobuz and CD quality with streaming radio ( Naim jazz, radio france la jazz and radio nova )

Very happy with my setup.

Maybe considering standing speaker in the future and turntable

20240207_103722.jpg

Last edited:
My setup :
Wiim amp + davis acoustics speaker hera 70 ( I live nearby their factory so got a private deal ) + second hand triangle subwoofer.
Full combo for around 700 euros

Sounds very good for Jazz / classic / electro and movies

I really appreciate the automatic input switch when turning on the TV ( my wife wouldnt tolerate to click different buttons on different remotes just to have the TV sound )

My musical sources are mainly high resolution with Qobuz and CD quality with streaming radio ( Naim jazz, radio france la jazz and radio nova )

Very happy with my setup.

Maybe considering standing speaker in the future

View attachment 5488
Unusual speaker stands ;)

Enjoy!

I can't say enough nice things about the Pinnacle AC 650 speakers! Very solid everyday-listening speakers from the early 90s onward. Fantastic bass, no noticeable distortion at any volume. Rugged and pretty darn great especially if you can get them for next to nothing at a thrift store or garage sale.

Attachments

• 1000047036-01.png
    1000047036-01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 1000047037-01.png
    1000047037-01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 1000047034-01.png
    1000047034-01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 1000047032-01.png
    1000047032-01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Just ordered a WiiM amp for my office setup driving a pair of KEF LS50 Metas. It's a small 12ft x 10ft space so it should have more than enough power. I do have a sub in the corner that I'll try later but for now I'll drive the LS50 Metas full range.

Just ordered a WiiM amp for my office setup driving a pair of KEF LS50 Metas. It's a small 12ft x 10ft space so it should have more than enough power. I do have a sub in the corner that I'll try later but for now I'll drive the LS50 Metas full range.
Amp has definitely enough power ..😊👍

There are quite a few threads discussing speakers.

I thought I’d just open one to the group where members can say what speakers they’re using, and maybe what their experiences are.

I mean every single WiiM Amp owner must be using speakers. 🤣

Possibly it’ll prove to be a good database for the future, and reduce the number of people asking for recommendations, etc.

Over to you.
The new Bowers & Wilkins 607 S3 bookshelf speakers. On my office desk at home with my WiiM amp. Using a Mac Mini as my Roon Core.

I think I want to upgrade the speakers to the Spendor A1 speakers though.

So far I've tested the Triangle Borea BR03 and Cambridge Audio S20.

They sound very nice on the Triangles but don't like to be pushed excessively loud though, the amp has more than enough power for them but the top end gets a little sharp when really pushed hard, but if in a small to meduim room it gets more than loud enough.

On the little Cambridge Audio speakers which are sealed and 85db sensitivity so a bit more of a difficult load maybe, and it plays very loud, their slightly warmer nature balances very well with the Wiim Amp.

For my personal tastes I would stick to pairing it with slightly warm to more neutral sounding speakers to get a nice balanced sound, I think the Class D load dependency of the Wiim might just exaggerate the top end a bit to much paired with the wrong speaker.

20240406_122141.jpg

20240304_132511.jpg

pair of dali opticons 6 ,fed by zen stream -gustard x16 dacs-cyrus amp and psxr-rel t7i sub

Last edited:
Back