What are you listening to?

For a long time, Sean O'Hagan stood in his special niche making whimsical Brian Wilson memory records, but hardly added anything new to his concept (the records, anyway, were beautiful of course). The last High Llamas LP is now eight years ago. It is actually difficult to imagine how this sound aesthetics can be integrated into the world of the person who created Gideon Gaye and Hawaii, but the proof is now available. Hey Panda is more than an update or a redefinition of the Llamas sound, it is O'Hagan's biggest album since the mentioned masterpieces. It was hard for me to believe that it works at all, but the elegance of this wonderful contemporary pop music in every fibre is just as stunning as its beauty.

IMG_2806.jpeg

His Liszt (above) made me immediately a fan of this artist! An at least equally good alternative recording to long time reference by Alicia de Larrocha!

IMG_2812.jpeg

I put this tidal playlist together, I hope you enjoy: https://tidal.com/playlist/276290d8-7b20-49c0-b9bd-4a209805533a
It consists of various tracks that demonstrate the Wiim’s abilities albeit in combination with a Geshelli JNOG DAC AKM 4499
Love that version of 'St. James Infirmary' it just popped out at me as I scanned the list and well gosh, so many great tracks. Look forward to listening to the lot. Thanks. Just clicked 'Hey Joe'! Who would have thunk it?! They sure are making my circa 2013 setup sound good.

Last for today, something from the edge of the repertoire. Demanding for every hifi system!
It seems one or another friend of basses is around here, so bass played with a bow may be tolerated ;-)

IMG_2814.jpeg

Low volume listening.. enjoying because no traffic outside.
Sounds excellent on the amp..thanks Wiim😊😊👍.
Listening to many albums today...😊👍 Music sounds wonderful an keeps being exciting.
I feel emotion....thanks Wiim.
It's a great amp...👍

Screenshot_20240407-233811.png

Last edited:
Just listening to this recital from our German superstar and flagship tenor. Could be seen through patriotic glasses, but for me he is the legitimate successor for (the young) Pavarotti! Power, steel, melodiousness. Primo uomo assoluto!

IMG_2818.jpeg

Totally, really totally, different. OMG, how young I was! tempi passati ;-)

IMG_2820.jpeg

Back