Audirvana Unix

Well, I installed Origin on a small Linux box. It started up fine, but requires me to set up an online account. Sadly, despite three attempts, and three emails with temporary passwords, it still says invalid account. What a piece of junk.

I only have a passing knowledge of Audirvana, and must admit to being a bit confused as to what “adding it to the WiiM Pro” is actually asking for. I see WiiM devices as players and software like Audirvana as media servers with an associated control point/app. From a quick Google, I see Audirvana can already play to upnp players like WiiM. Maybe I’m being a bit slow just having woken up, but what do you see this addition to an WiiM device offering?

I only have a passing knowledge of Audirvana, and must admit to being a bit confused as to what “adding it to the WiiM Pro” is actually asking for. I see WiiM devices as players and software like Audirvana as media servers with an associated control point/app. From a quick Google, I see Audirvana can already play to upnp players like WiiM. Maybe I’m being a bit slow just having woken up, but what do you see this addition to an WiiM device offering?
Not much except a payment /sub of over 100 usd 😁

True! No reason to have a music player manager run on a streamer. I asked, without thinking, given that WiiM is Linux based and this is the new appearance of Audirvana on the Linux platform.

This login issue appears to have been going on for years, still unresolved, per their forums. I simply wouldn't trust using such an incompetent company's product. They verify my email by sending me an email, then tell me my email can't be found. Ridiculous! Also, why would you need an online account for Origin, which can only play your local files?

Screenshot 2024-04-13 9.56.56 AM.png

My question was ill-posed and was quickly clarified. However, there is no reason to trash Audirvana; it is a great audio file management program - it works great under MacOS (no experience with other OS versions). I have a license for its standalone version, and like many other programs of course there is a registration process, like many other programs. People have login problems? Yeah, it happens with many programs.

My question was ill-posed and was quickly clarified. However, there is no reason to trash Audirvana; it is a great audio file management program - it works great under MacOS (no experience with other OS versions). I have a license for its standalone version, and like many other programs of course there is a registration process, like many other programs. People have login problems? Yeah, it happens with many programs.
I've never encountered such a glaring issue before with ANY software, right up front, especially such a long-standing issue that still hasn't been fixed.

I think LMS, which doesn't require any online login, is probably every bit as good, plus it supports online services without any additional cost. Hard to see a good business case for Audirvana.

Tried again, finally it allowed me to create a login after I clicked on the Studio version, not Origin. Weird.

Anyway, Origin is now running on a cheapo Android TV box running Armbian Linux, as a service. I plugged in a USB thumb drive with some music on it, and scanned it. A few album covers that it gets comically wrong, but mostly ok. It defaulted to using the little box's optical output, but it also finds my WiiMs via UPnP and Chromecast.

The only real advantage I see to this is that their app works in Landscape under Android and ChromeOS (and probably on an iPad, dunno). I don't care for the dark theme, which doesn't appear to be changeable on the trial license. There is the ability to upsample, which is, frankly, a gimmick, nothing more - it's impossible to recover lost data.

The UI is nuttin' special. I sure wouldn't pay money for this, especially given the availability of the excellent WiiM app and the LMS Material Skin. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back