What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

By products, are you specifically referring to a physical item, or firmware/software too?
There are some reasonably common requests in this forum across both areas.

As ever, some want the extra connectivity /functionality / features, while others just use the mini/pro as a basic (complexity wise) streamer.

Why don't you tell us what products you're considering instead? ;)
I thought you had a couple planned for this year, which I assumed to be physical products.

I'd like a unit whose onboard DAC is DSD compatible, or in lieu of that a unit whose firmware allows the transcoding of DSD to PCM on the fly, instead of simply refusing to play a .dsf file at all as it stands currently.
WiiM cannot be the streamer in my primary system currently, due to the lack of support for DSD.

Something like a Yamaha WXC50 but with HDMI input to make it truely versatile. The only other product I can find is a Cypress DCT-37 and for some reason the local distributor in Australia has trebled the price recently and frankly it is not competitive. I hold out hope for full analogue inputs and quality outputs along with a full array of digital inputs including HDMI.

Wiim ultra with usb out along with coax and spdif. Usb allow to get into 768k pcm as well as mqa 384khz DSD that typical dac support. Usb out will be end game for me.
Fixed that for 'ya. 😉

There is no such thing as MQA 384kHz, it doesn't exist, all MQA source files are 44.1 or 48kHz native sample rate (period/hard stop). From there it's just upsampling with a minimum phase digital filter, and thats all.

1, WiiM Auto(or WiiM Blue)

Automotive portable WiiM Devices.
Bluetooth 5.3 : LDAC/APT-X Lossless
Integrated High-Performance DAC(AKM, ESS)
SPDIF/RCA output(Simultaneous output is possible).
PEQ
Auto-play/stop streaming,etc(set in WHA)
waterproofing
Magnet at bottom (Like Magsafe)
5V/1A USB Power supply
Price: 49-79USD
--------------------------

2, PowerWiiM

Built-in high-performance digital amplifier.
2* Speaker Out
SW Out
Crossover, High Pass/Low Pass (40-200hz)
DSP
HDMI ARC
Price:499-599USD
--------------------------

Looking forward to this Christmas :LOL::love:;)(y)

I would like what I would call a Super WiiM Pro.
Something similar to the Topping M50 with these characteristics :
NO DAC
Alluminium Chassis
Display
The streaming completeness of the WiiM
One could say if the M50 exists, why don't I buy that?
Simply said, as a streamer the M50 is far from the WiiM.
It works through BT; does not have all the music services of the WiiM etc.
Immagine 2023-03-28 081954.jpgScreenshot_20221224_070401.png

Wiim Ultra that has almost all specs as the Pro, but is bigger and has a color display that shows the cover of album playing, the song, the band, etc! Not to rely on the apps anymore that much! If it comes with a remote, even better!

Hi, for me will be nice to have Wiim that can communicate through CEC Hdmi and can cast sound through HDMI to receiver. There are many receivers with HDMI and no or limited spdif or coax digital input.

I have wiim mini, that is great, but must be controlled by dedicated rc

I think a device without DAC would be useful for many users as most of them seem to own some equipment with digital inputs and a DAC inside.
What makes WiiM outstanding is the ability to deliver the content (including high quality) of almost any streaming service and deliver it "bit perfect" via digital out.
For users like me already owning a device which is network enabled and contains a DAC it would be nice if the "bit perfect" delivering of the content would be possible (maybe only) via network. This would eliminate the loss of metadata via digital out and enable real "bit perfect" playback on devices supporting lossless codecs (flac, alac, dsd, mqa, ...). No need to bother with the streamed content. Just pass through.
Why do i think such a device would attract a lot of people?
Because many manufacturers of audiogear above the lowend segment are not willing / are unable to cooperate with really large music streaming services providing high quality content. The other way round theese streaming services are not interested cooperating with that kind of manufacturer as their market share is too low to substantially increase their numer of subscribers

Re-design Pro to add USB out (doesn't matter if its A or C) and sort out Coax and Optical sockets so that more cable brands actually fit.

There is no point having any totally new product until the app works correctly - particularly in the area of UPnP server support.

Re-design Pro to add USB out (doesn't matter if its A or C) and sort out Coax and Optical sockets so that more cable brands actually fit.

There is no point having any totally new product until the app works correctly - particularly in the area of UPnP server support.
d6jg: when it comes to upnp/dlna support it is either forgotten or totally ignored. I have had a problem for almost 12 months and have raised tickets to that end. The tickets gets an initial response but go go no further. I use Bubble or HiFi Cast and these cause no grief. I use Deezer and it works ok with the WiiM app and Mini.

Back