Wiim app really looks like the Audio Pro C3/C5/C10 app, is there a connection?

peeks

I'm curious, I noticed the Wiim pro app looks very similar to the app that comes with some wifi speakers (that i really like) i use in my kitchen. They are Audio Pro C5's.
I would say the app is almost identical, just a little updated. See screenshots.

Also when i open the specs of my Audio Pro speakers within Roon i see the device name literally has the name Wiim in it.

Is there a relationship between these 2 products or is this a basic interface framework that they coincidentally share?

The Audio Pro are lesser known wifi speakers, but really nice ones for the price but the app has received a lot of flak for being quite bad. I'm not saying the Wiim Pro app is bad, i haven't tried it yet but i'm just wondering what the connection is. Cheers all!

Attachments

• audioproapp.png
    audioproapp.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 16
  • audio pro app.jpeg
    audio pro app.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 16
Think it is basically a 4Play software which can be customized by other streaming businesses.

Think it is basically a 4Play software which can be customized by other streaming businesses.

Right. That leaves me pretty curious why there is literally Wiim in the name of the Audio Pro's though!

We've had this before, but I have no further information. A product from a different brand pointed in the manual dedicated to the WiiM app..

Right. That leaves me pretty curious why there is literally Wiim in the name of the Audio Pro's though!
WiiM devices are based on a range of modules produced by Linkplay who also provide these modules and the base app to a range of product manufacturers. WiiMu look like a company who could have been an early offshoot from Linkplay. I'd say WiiM is their preferred current brand name.

Back