What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

... the consensus by some margin was that Amazon manipulate SQ then the only valid reason might be Apple.
Not my take on it - all I saw was one result of a downsampled track where potentially a LP filter had been detected

perhaps I should have just said "consensus was Qobuz was better"
I have both AMU & Qobuz. I find Qobuz a bit better, but just a bit. Differences are, on my opinion, very subtle
and to catch them you must have a good system and trained ears.
AMU isn't bad after all. For sure they should MUCH improve their App.
At the end I can say that..... a perfect service doesn't exist. :)

Just got an email/newsletter from Wiim saying “We're working on a new different kind of WiiM product that's more of a smart home product compared to WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro. We'll share more info closer to launch.”

Interesting - wonder if it’ll be the flavour of the month Matter based?

Just got an email/newsletter from Wiim saying “We're working on a new different kind of WiiM product that's more of a smart home product compared to WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro. We'll share more info closer to launch.”

I think it’s the wake-up lamp, sadly.

Linkplay Technology filed FCC ID 2BABF-WWL001 'WiiM Wake-up Light with WiFi and Bluetooth' recently.
It was also listed on the website untill recently .

Last edited:
I dare say if it integrated with the WiiM Mini & Pro as an output device, it could appeal to some e.g. set your Wiim Mini to wake you up gradually with your Qobuz playlist and lights…

I too received the newsletter, but...... the mystery remains thick. :unsure: :unsure:
I hope it's not a wake up lamp. I really don't know what to do with it.
I would hope for a more audiophile product

There’s a difference between what I might want from a new/existing product and what I think might make WiiM products more successful. I use an external DAC to excellent effect but reading most reviews of the products the only aspect where the WiiM family seems to fall short of, say, Bluesound is the analogue output quality. I suspect most contributors to this forum are also using external DACs, but it is easy to forget that the vast majority of people want to just plug the device straight into a speaker or non-DAC-containing amp.
My vote would be to include a higher quality DAC in a Pro2/Ultra (+/- USB out) and then completely own the sub-$1000 streaming category. By doing so, even the likes of Apple Music might then wish to talk with you.

I still wait for a streamer with usb output. I like that wiim is doing the first MQA unfold, because my DAC can't work with MQA.
SPDIF and toslink are in use by the television input and by a CD player digital output. So i have have no other "free" input than the usb input.
An integrated and cheap dac is not required.

Back