A cheap replacement for WiiM Pro?

hjianhao

My friend buy a device WR320, it has most features of WiiM Pro, but only cost 1/4 price of WiiM Pro?

My friend buy a device WR320, it has most features of WiiM Pro, but only cost 1/4 price of WiiM Pro?
Pro is bit perfect and support many streaming services on its apps. It can cast from amazon, tidal and Spotify connect. It has chromecast and multiple connections. You really get a lot for the money.

I have wr 320, it working good but don't have proper output on analog and also for optical,it to quiet,(low output)and it's no point to put dac on it.

One thing that leave other streamer behind was linkplay expertise on software. They can utilize features as you have seen from mini before. It has eq and upcoming peq.

I have wr 320, it working good but don't have proper output on analog and also for optical,it to quiet,(low output)and it's no point to put dac on it.
optical is digital output, what you mean about low output? My friend use optical output connect to DAC, it works.

Dac works but output volume is lower than normal,like you lowered volume on application,same dac connected with wiim mini have higher output sound, it's like you lower the volume on spdif on wr320,also analog is a lot quieter because i supposed no have opamp in it, august wr320 is only 1wrms output and spdif folows that in practice.

Dac works but output volume is lower than normal,like you lowered volume on application,same dac connected with wiim mini have higher output sound, it's like you lower the volume on spdif on wr320,also analog is a lot quieter because i supposed no have opamp in it, august wr320 is only 1wrms output and spdif folows that in practice.
Digital Output have no problem with the power, if you disable the volume control of the device, fixed the volume output, the volume controlled by DAC's preamp or the Amp.

Good for your friend... I'd say the cheap alternative for the Pro is the WiiM Mini, simple as that..
Everybody here knows there are cheaper streamers available, but none of them have same level of software support.
Don't forget this is the WiiM forum. There's no point creating new threads for alternative brands/models - creating unnecessary clutter on the forum and confusion for people with genuine requests or issues.

Last edited:
Digital Output have no problem with the power, if you disable the volume control of the device, fixed the volume output, the volume controlled by DAC's preamp or the Amp.
Volume control through a optical output is perfectly possible... if viktor experiences that the optical output is low in volume and can't seem to fix it, that's definitely an issue and playback won't be bit-perfect.

I have experience low optical output also with another devices,i have one Ezcast platinum device that have even lower optical out than wr320,no benefit to put dac on it, everything is quieter and lifeless,Wiim mini is proper "CD" 2vrms output device,wr320 it only good for some boombox for net radio listening and not for serious hi fi equipment.

I have experience low optical output also with another devices,i have one Ezcast platinum device that have even lower optical out than wr320,no benefit to put dac on it, everything is quieter and lifeless,Wiim mini is proper "CD" 2vrms output device,wr320 it only good for some boombox for net radio listening and not for serious hi fi equipment.
2Vrms level is for analog output, it's unrelated to toslink.

Volume control through a optical output is perfectly possible... if viktor experiences that the optical output is low in volume and can't seem to fix it, that's definitely an issue and playback won't be bit-perfect.
Somewhere someone said the WiiM runs on a version of Linux and therefore has some sort of audio subsystem in play in order to be able to fix the digital output at 100%. Do we know whether the WiiM runs ALSA?

Somewhere someone said the WiiM runs on a version of Linux and therefore has some sort of audio subsystem in play in order to be able to fix the digital output at 100%. Do we know whether the WiiM runs ALSA?
I can't complain about output level of optical output on wiim mini,i can't notice that is lower than my cd player connected to same dac.

Back