Advice prior to purchasing WiiM Pro Plus Streamers

neild7744

Hello,

Ive been looking for a way to stream audio throughout my home & came across these WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes after a google search.

What I would like to do is stream music from my record player (located in my spare bedroom) & have the ability to play the music through an existing sound system in my lounge (which is an old Sony HiFi amplifier connected to 2x Tannoy speakers).

Am I correct in thinking I would need to buy 2x WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes & connect the first to my record player via the "line in" and then the second streaming box "line out / audio out" to the amp in my lounge, setup the WiiM app & it will work?

Based on the above, will both WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes allow me to output audio simultaneously? i.e. Audio in my spare room where my record player is & also in my lounge where my HiFi equipment is? Assuming both WiiM boxes "audio out" are connected?

If I wanted to expand multi room audio to further rooms, is it as simple as buying additional WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes & connect them to additional audio equipment? So as per above, 4 WiiM streaming boxes would allow me to stream my record player to 4 separate rooms?

If (as an example) I had 4 WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes streaming boxes, had 1 box connected to "line in" in my spare room for my record player and a second box in my lounge connected to "line in" for my cassette deck, am I able to switch the analogue input source between different WiiM boxes (located in different rooms) & still able to stream audio out to all 4?

If (as an example) I had 4 WiiM Pro Plus streaming boxes & connected 1 box via SPDIF IN from my flatscreen TV in the lounge, could I then stream music from the TV via SPDIF to all 4 rooms?

Are you able to stream music to different WiiM streaming boxes independently or grouped? So for example if I wanted to listen to Spotify in only my lounge, but my partner wanted to listen to different music via Amazon Music in the kitchen, would this work?

Sorry for all the questions. From what I have read, this is basically what Sonos does, but I am really looking for something that can connect to my existing audio equipment, without having the need to buy new speakers, network ports etc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There are a couple of recent threads on piping output from a turntable to grouped WiiMs; you should be able to find them with a search. Good info there.

But in a nutshell, you'll be able to set up WiiM speaker targets as you wish through the app. AFAIK, though, those groups aren't permanent. In terms of listening to different content around your house as in your example, that will work for your partner so long as you don't direct streaming to that device.

Back