Ability to fully disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

MartiiiiinT

Can we please have a feature to totally disable both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in the WiiM Pro?
Can be separate toggles of course.

I live in a Duplex, and right now my neighbours and other people can connect via Bluetooth and begin streaming music to my always-on Amp and speakers.

Thanks.

I live in a Duplex, and right now my neighbours and other people can connect via Bluetooth and begin streaming music to my always-on Amp and speakers.
Normally, unless you switch the input to Bluetooth in the WiiM app, your neighbors and others won't be able to pair with WiiM. You can also turn off Wi-Fi in the network status in your device settings.

Not my experience, i have disabled Wi-Fi, yet it is still advertising an SSID. Also, Bluetooth connections are auto-switched inputs. Can that be disabled at least?

Not my experience, i have disabled Wi-Fi, yet it is still advertising an SSID. Also, Bluetooth connections are auto-switched inputs. Can that be disabled at least?

If your neighbor's phone is already paired with your WiiM, the WiiM input will automatically switch to Bluetooth when they connect the phone to WiiM. Did you allow them to pair? If you factory reset the WiiM, you can delete the pairing data.

Last edited:
If a factory reset doesn't help, you'll need to remove the WiiM pairing from your neighbor's phone.

If a factory reset doesn't help, you'll need to remove the WiiM pairing from your neighbor's phone.
Thanks for the suggestion, but what is to stop them from re-pairing? The WiiM Pro doesn't ask you to allow or deny.
Would put my mind at ease to just turn it off completely.
Surely, I'm not the only one asking for this or similar features.
I did see someone requested a PIN for Bluetooth and Chromecast/Airplay but it seemed to have been fobbed off by the Devs claiming other features would be affected.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what is to stop them from re-pairing? The WiiM Pro doesn't ask you to allow or deny.
Would put my mind at ease to just turn it off completely.
Surely, I'm not the only one asking for this or similar features.
I did see someone requested a PIN for Bluetooth and Chromecast/Airplay but it seemed to have been fobbed off by the Devs claiming other features would be affected.

The WiiM can't turn off Bluetooth completely. Please try submitting a request from the WiiM app feedback. 🙂

To prevent others from re-pairing, don't use the WiiM's Bluetooth input in the future. Also, there is a possibility that it can be countered by trapping the WiiM in a metal box to block radio waves.

Hi Wiimer, what's the point of this forum if I have to put feedback via the App?
It only makes sense logically to include a disable option or include standard security features (PIN or allow/deny list) to block unauthorised use.

Putting the WiiM Pro in a metal box.... it's already sitting in my network rack, but I guess you are referring to a Faraday Cage? That's a crappy solution for something that should already have been included or implemented into the software.

My WiFi is off it shows the ssid of the hotspot in the app but it’s not active as no devices see it and I have swept for local WiFi signals. As soon as I connected Ethernet and turned it off it disappeared off my wireless network. I agreed to turn off BT would be good. I have had issues with BT on my powered speakers from QAcoustics speakers in my dining room setup where my neighbours connected to it. He’s never been in my house at all.

yes i agree, having the ability to turn off the bluetooth module using the software would be ideal.

if i understand correctly: the WiiM remote connects to the pro via bluetooth, right? it would be nice if we could turn off all non-essential radios in the box - just like we can with Wi-Fi when the unit is connected via etherne...

Back