Ability to import favorites from Amazon Music

ErVikingo

I don’t want to stream from my Amazon Music app to Wiim (defeats the purpose).

Ideally we would be able to have access Tom our favorites and artist we follow on Amazon Music on the Wiim without having to identify the lm again.

Can you explain how it defeats the purpose? I'm truely interested - it's rare to find someome who wants to use a 3rd party app over a native app!
I can't comment on Wiim's Amazon integration, I've not signed in to Amazon on the wiim as I use the native app.

Ideally we would be able to have access Tom our favorites and artist we follow on Amazon Music on the Wiim without having to identify the lm again.

Each to their own so not a criticism at all but I MUCH prefer the Amazon App it's so much better / easier to use than the WiiM App but that's just my thoughts obviously.

Perhaps you misunderstand the flow? You're NOT streaming from the Amazon Music to the WiiM through your WiFi. You're controlling the stream from the Amazon Music Cloud servers to the WiiM mini. The Amazon Music app connects to the Amazon cloud, not to the mini. The mini, in turn, connects to the Amazon cloud to pull the stream. The Amazon Music app merely acts like the remote control on your TV.

@cc_rider correct the whole point of using the Wiim and not a Bluetooth receiver is to take the feed from Amazon “bit perfect” to my DAC rather to my iPhone’s DAC then to the Wiim.

The Amazon app on the iPhone is superb IMHO and I have quite a library of music highlighted and downloaded. I was under the impression/hope that the Wiim would look into my account and use what I have followed , loved, etc on Amazon and stream it directly to my DAC

@cc_rider correct the whole point of using the Wiim and not a Bluetooth receiver is to take the feed from Amazon “bit perfect” to my DAC rather to my iPhone’s DAC then to the Wiim.

The Amazon app on the iPhone is superb IMHO and I have quite a library of music highlighted and downloaded. I was under the impression/hope that the Wiim would look into my account and use what I have followed , loved, etc on Amazon and stream it directly to my DAC
I'm not following. The Amazon app DOES stream directly from the Amazon cloud to your WiiM. Your phone isn't involved in the stream in any way, it's simply a remote control for the Amazon Music cloud, which streams directly to your WiiM. There's no bluetooth involved, either - it's the WiiM's WiFi connection through your router directly to the Amazon cloud.

You can start an album using the Amazon Music app, connect it to the WiiM, then shut your phone off - the album will continue to play. You can even stream to your WiiM via the Amazon Music app while you're away from home, using LTE on your phone, not connected to your WiFi.

Viking - in the Wiim app go to Browse, Music Services, Amazon Alexa, and sign in with your Amazon details.
Then in the Device menu, go to Settings (the cog icon), Amazon Alexa Settings and enable Amazon Music HD/UHD
Then use the native amazon app to cast to the wiim; your phone is then just a controller.

Another +1 for the Amazon app and the use of AlexaCast with WiiM. There’s little point in berating WiiM for the lack of features in their app (particularly when there’s a more than viable alternative in the shape of the Amazon app) as all they can do is implement whatever features the streaming service’s third party API exposes to developers like Wiim. In this case if Amazon don’t provide visibility of favourites etc, WiiM‘s hands are tired.

But it does seem you’re completely missing the WiiM’s world beating if not unique capability of being able to support AlexaCast from the feature rich Amazon Music app…

Thanks for the clarification and, for clarity, I was not trying to berate Wiim’s functionality.

My understanding was that if using the Amazon app on my phone (rather than Amazon music on the Wiim app) the Wiim was only a Bluetooth receiver.

I had already setup the Alexa and Amazon on Wiim thus I gather I’m not “streaming” from the phone rather just controlling.

If that’s the case I’m golden!

Thanks for the feedback and education!

Thanks for the clarification and, for clarity, I was not trying to berate Wiim’s functionality.

My understanding was that if using the Amazon app on my phone (rather than Amazon music on the Wiim app) the Wiim was only a Bluetooth receiver.

I had already setup the Alexa and Amazon on Wiim thus I gather I’m not “streaming” from the phone rather just controlling.

If that’s the case I’m golden!

Thanks for the feedback and education!

Yeah, using AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app to the WiiM delivers bit perfect lossless audio up to 24/192 rather than the lossy compression you get from a Bluetooth connection which rather defeats the use of hires music imho. Not even the ‘fabled‘ Bluesound Node supports lossless AlexaCast.

Enjoy :)

Yeah, using AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app to the WiiM delivers bit perfect lossless audio up to 24/192 rather than the lossy compression you get from a Bluetooth connection which rather defeats the use of hires music imho. Not even the ‘fabled‘ Bluesound Node supports lossless AlexaCast.

Enjoy :)
Thanks !

That’s why I got the Wiim for.

Back