Issues Casting From Amazon Music

Witterings

Major Contributor
I recently updated my Amazon Music and Alexa Apps and now I can't cast from Amazon Music App on Apple devices, does anyone have the same issue?

If I try to cast and bring up the list of available WiiM's, tap on the one I want and I get the screenshot pasted below, if I hit refresh list and try again I get exactly the same warning so just caught in a loop .... in essence I can't now cast from the Amazon Music App at all.

1708511722961.png

Have you tried the usual sequence of device reboots, logging out of your account and back in, deleting app and re install etc?

The Amazon Music app can be very temperamental around casting in my experience, especially on my older iPad Pro 9.7. It seems marginally better behaved on my more up to date Android phone…

Have you tried the usual sequence of device reboots, logging out of your account and back in, deleting app and re install etc?

The Amazon Music app can be very temperamental around casting in my experience, especially on my older iPad Pro 9.7. It seems marginally better behaved on my more up to date Android phone…

I haven't as I find it hard to believe all 3 of them would shit themselves at exactly the same time and just after updating the Amazon Apps.

It's happened on 2 of my newer Apple devices but not on my older ipad mini 2 nor original iphone SE where the Apps haven't been updated and works as it should.

That aside for me to log them all off and do resets it'd literally take me hours to reintegrate with rooms and preferred speakers etc. in Alexa.

Be interested to hear from other people running the latest versions of Amazon Music and Alexa op Apple devices and if they're having any issues or all working as should.

Just checked on my Ipad and it looks like it updated today or yesterday to v24.3.0.187140 and it's behaving ok casting to my WiiM Pro, connecting probably quicker than usual, even allowing me to take over the connection from my android phone without complaining and even refreshing the ipad screen to show what the phone was casting.

I just meant logging out of your amazon music app and rebooting your devices and router btw, which wouldn't impact any of your Alexa set up

Just checked on my Ipad and it looks like it updated today or yesterday to v24.3.0.187140 and it's behaving ok casting to my WiiM Pro, connecting probably quicker than usual, even allowing me to take over the connection from my android phone without complaining and even refreshing the ipad screen to show what the phone was casting.

I just meant logging out of your amazon music app and rebooting your devices and router btw, which wouldn't impact any of your Alexa set up

Hey Brantome, I think that may have done it .... I tried re-booting everything the other night and it didn't work but I had logged out of all the Amazon logins beforehand which I did this time and seems to have worked.

Cheers for your help, much appreciated!!!

I just noticed this as well. As you know, I was having a heck of a time trying to "share" several of my devices. Yesterday I bought a Fire Tablet and in setting it up l noticed that now I was able to switch between two cell phone and the tablet when all logged into the same account. One device would just take over from the other. However, I noticed an occassional glitch were Amazon Music on an unactive device would freeze at the moment of switching.

I just noticed this as well. As you know, I was having a heck of a time trying to "share" several of my devices. Yesterday I bought a Fire Tablet and in setting it up l noticed that now I was able to switch between two cell phone and the tablet when all logged into the same account. One device would just take over from the other. However, I noticed an occassional glitch were Amazon Music on an unactive device would freeze at the moment of switching.
Amazon Music on older, slower devices can sometimes do that even when casting to Amazon’s own echos. One device taking over from another is typical if another device starts a casting session to an already connected device - same would happen with Spotify Connect and I guess Tidal Connect. Plus if you only have the amazon music individual plan, it can only play one stream at a time on the one account.

Back