Casting from Amazon Music app

Bit-rate? Do not recall.

Better? More dynamic, lively non distorted sound.

Shouldn't be any difference if the settings are OK (and there isn't a bug) in both the Amazon Music and Alexa section of the WiiM home app - both routes should deliver the same bit perfect stream up to 24/192

Before I bought the Wiim I used a Firestick and a TV as the display. From time to time I'd notice that the sound was very slightly distorted - most noticeable in vocals - and just not quite as dynamic. Sort of warm and fuzzy. I know it wasn't all in my head because it was enough to make me look up from my book or browser or whatever I was doing, and sure enough AM HD had for some reason decided to play in SD. This didn't happen too often, but often enough. I can't say it made a huge difference but it was noticeable, which is why I asked about the bitrate. If it's not that, or one of your settings, that I've got no idea. There should be no difference.

Before I bought the Wiim I used a Firestick and a TV as the display. From time to time I'd notice that the sound was very slightly distorted - most noticeable in vocals - and just not quite as dynamic. Sort of warm and fuzzy. I know it wasn't all in my head because it was enough to make me look up from my book or browser or whatever I was doing, and sure enough AM HD had for some reason decided to play in SD. This didn't happen too often, but often enough. I can't say it made a huge difference but it was noticeable, which is why I asked about the bitrate. If it's not that, or one of your settings, that I've got no idea. There should be no difference.
Fire tv sticks are probably more prone to vary due to the adaptive bit rate Amazon Music uses which varies by network conditions - this was visually obvious on Prime Video where it could take a little while till it got up to full UHD. I haven’t experienced any issues like that with Amazon Music on other platforms though.

I just thought might add to this in case someone else has a similar issue. I was in exactly the same boat: Amazon Unlimited subscription in AU but all my devices were being registered in US and invisible to the Music app. Apparently it’s because I had my Marketplace (whatever that is) settings set to US. I contacted Amazon via chat and just said I wanted my devices moved and it was fixed in literally less than a minute. It may even be possible to fix via the Amazon site although I haven’t looked. I couldn’t be happier with the response from Amazon but sounds like I’m an outlier!

I had the same issue initially. When I re-signed in to Amazon from the WiiM Pro app under the Device screen settings cog wheel, a few seconds later the WiiM pro device showed in Alexa app and also it was available to cast to from the Amazon Music app.

Back