Casting from Amazon Music app

DubZ

The WiiM pro doesn’t appear in my cast to devices list in my Amazon Music app if I don’t enable Chromecast. Signed into my Amazon account. I can play music from it using the WiiM Home app. The Alexa app lists the WiiM device. The country of my Amazon account is AU, where I’m located. The WiiM FAQs don’t say anything else. Any ideas, please!? Just got this thing and it’s driving me crazy. Have I misunderstood something? I thought it was possible to cast from the Amazon Music app with Alexa Cast, not exclusively Chromecast

The WiiM pro doesn’t appear in my cast to devices list in my Amazon Music app if I don’t enable Chromecast. Signed into my Amazon account. I can play music from it using the WiiM Home app. The Alexa app lists the WiiM device. The country of my Amazon account is AU, where I’m located. The WiiM FAQs don’t say anything else. Any ideas, please!? Just got this thing and it’s driving me crazy. Have I misunderstood something? I thought it was possible to cast from the Amazon Music app with Alexa Cast, not exclusively Chromecast
Are you sure you have linked Amazon Music correctly in the Wiim application?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-05-13-11-52-044_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-05-13-11-52-044_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 44
Do you have any echo devices? Do they appear as casting targets? Might be that AlexaCast isn’t supported in Oz…

1, Sign in to Alexa in the WiiM app
(I think you did this)

2, Reboot the WiiM.
Device Settings > Reboot

3, Device Settings > Speaker info > Audio prompts Laungage
(Make sure this is set to your country's language.)

If you're okay so far, try casting again.

If you can't find WiiM in the Alexacast list, factory reset your WiiM and sign in to Alexa by default.

I guess maybe I’m not sure, but this is what the manual says to do: “To use this, please log in to your Amazon account for Amazon Alexa on the WiiM Home App. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Amazon Music app. Next, on the "Now Playing" screen, you will see a casting icon in the top right. Tapping the icon will bring up the list of all your available Alexa devices for you to select.”
On the “Browse” page I went to Alexa and logged into my Amazon account. If I was not logged in then surely I couldn’t access my Amazon Music from the WiiM Home app. But in the Amazon Music app, I cannot see the WiiM device in the list when I press the casting icon, unless I enable Chromecast, which I don’t want to use. Is there something else I need to do that I haven’t done?

(I think you did this)

2, Reboot the WiiM.
Device Settings > Reboot

If you can't find WiiM in the Alexacast list, factory reset your WiiM and sign in to Alexa by default.
Did all that. The “language” goes to En-Us when I select ENGLISH, even tho I’m in Australia. Still can’t see WiiM

Amazon Music app on iOS or Android?
Tried both
(I think you did this)

2, Reboot the WiiM.
Device Settings > Reboot

I factory reset for the 5th time, at least. Signed into Alexa, again. Tried leaving language at english us as well as changing it australia-new Zealand (Alexa app has EN Australia). Still no WiiM in the cast list! Frustrating

These are my language settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_222449_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_222449_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230805_222336_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_222336_WiiM Home.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 18
And my Amazon Account

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_222951_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_222951_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 27
Can you post a screenshot of the AlexaCast device connection screen?

Also, submit a ticket via the WiiM app "settings > feedback". The logs are sent.

Also, submit a ticket via the WiiM app "settings > feedback". The logs are sent.
Yep. I submitted a ticket.
This screen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_225131_Amazon Music.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_225131_Amazon Music.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 34
Let me check just in case.

Is your phone connected to the same network as the WiiM?
(Even if it doesn't, AlexaCast can connect.) )

The phone signal appears to be weak. Try AlexaCast with your phone and WiiM near your Wi-Fi router and WiiM connected to Wi-Fi.

I'm sorry, but I don't know if this will lead to a solution.

Please post a Screen of the Echo devices listed in the Alexa app on your phone.
Alexa Start Screen --> Echo Devices.

Yep. I submitted a ticket.
This screen?
As above, do you have any Amazon echo or fire tv devices? It could be that AlexaCast isn't supported in AU.

In the alexa app, under more/ settings/ about, what does it say against Host Name? And in the Amazon Music app, under Settings/Music settings, what music account country/region shows at the bottom of the page?

Edit: are you using the exact same Alexa account name/region as the one your Amazon Music app is subscribed under?

Last edited:
As above, do you have any Amazon echo or fire tv devices? It could be that AlexaCast isn't supported in AU.

In the alexa app, under more/ settings/ about, what does it say against Host Name? And in the Amazon Music app, under Settings/Music settings, what music account country/region shows at the bottom of the page?

Edit: are you using the exact same Alexa account name/region as the one your Amazon Music app is subscribed under?
Host name is alexa.amazon.com
Amazon music account country/region is AU
My location in Alexa is AU
I've tried setting language to US English and Aistralian English all to no avail.

Back