Amazon Music app casting to Alexa Speaker Group via WiiM Pro

Amazon Music app casting to single wiim pro speaker (via wifi) works consistently and now down to an average two second delay when changing tracks.
I still have issues trying to cast to multi speaker group containing two Echos and a single wiim pro speaker.
I either get a vague error in Amazon Music app when choosing the speaker group, but then throws an immediate toast connection successful msg (Android)---then it plays on the Echos and not on the wiim pro speaker.

Last edited:
Latest update of my issue:

1. When I ask Alexa to play to multi speaker group name, it starts playing on two Echos and the wiim pro device speaker.

2. When I go to speaker volume levels in Alexa to adjust Echo speakers and wiim speaker, the adjustments are not independent of each speaker and slider bars all move instead of just targeted speaker.

3. If I lower wiim speaker volume in Alexa app, it stops playing on wiim speaker, but continues uninterrupted on Echo's.

4. Switching over to wiim home app, the song is visible but track advance is frozen. But I noticed it was paused and muted. Once I unmuted it, it started playing again on wiim speaker.

For Alexa app, Looks like I have to use wiim home to control wiim speaker volume separately...

I'll see what my experience is for casting from Amazon Music app next...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222_114343_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231222_114343_WiiM Home.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20231222_114306_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    Screenshot_20231222_114306_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 4
3 and 4 sound like potential bugs that you should notify WiiM of via raising a ticket just after it occurs.

2 sounds more like an Alexa app issue, unless you only see that behaviour when a WiiM device is in the MRM group. If that’s the case, then again let WiiM know via a ticket so they can inspect your device logs.

3 and 4 sound like potential bugs that you should notify WiiM of via raising a ticket just after it occurs.

2 sounds more like an Alexa app issue, unless you only see that behaviour when a WiiM device is in the MRM group. If that’s the case, then again let WiiM know via a ticket so they can inspect your device logs.
Yep, I have two tickets open now it seems since they wanted me to also submit via WiiM Home app as Feedback after the fact.

I also experience stoppages when Alexacasting to a single WiiM Pro.

Start an album and after a few tracks it stops.

Back