Casting from Amazon Music app

Given that every Amazon account still has access to the basic free amazon music service, could you please check your Amazon account settings around manage your device and content etc parts that @DubZ mentions above to see if your Wiim sit’s where his does? Unless you’ve totally zapped your amazon account of course ;)
Ok, just because you asked so nicely...
A week or two back I'd removed my wiim from amazon (unregistered it) and had uninstalled amazon music from my tablet, 'cos I'd cancelled amazon music months back, as mentioned.

Just now:
I reregistered with Amazon in the wiim app.
When I go to amazon.com.au, from my name in the top right i choose 'manage your content and devices' (not your apps and devices), click on the devices tab, click on 'other devices' and my pro shows up, registered date today.
Nothing about switching sites / contries.

I reinstalled the Amazon Music app, hit settings, top right, connect to a device, and all 3 pros were there as chromecast, and the one I'd just registered as alexacast.

Back into the wiim app, select a different pro, register with amazon, back into amazon music app, and now two pros are there with alexacast.

I'd say it seems pretty likely to be an amazon account setup issue.

@DubZ
In amazon website, Accounts & Lists > Manage Your Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings
what does it say?
Hopefullly not 'Australia'. Not, because if not that might explain the problem.
Edit: to be clear, mine does say 'Australia'.

Last edited:
Ok, just because you asked so nicely...
A week or two back I'd removed my wiim from amazon (unregistered it) and had uninstalled amazon music from my tablet, 'cos I'd cancelled amazon music months back, as mentioned.

Just now:
I reregistered with Amazon in the wiim app.
When I go to amazon.com.au, from my name in the top right i choose 'manage your content and devices' (not your apps and devices), click on the devices tab, click on 'other devices' and my pro shows up, registered date today.
Nothing about switching sites / contries.

I reinstalled the Amazon Music app, hit settings, top right, connect to a device, and all 3 pros were there as chromecast, and the one I'd just registered as alexacast.

Back into the wiim app, select a different pro, register with amazon, back into amazon music app, and now two pros are there with alexacast.

I'd say it seems pretty likely to be an amazon account setup issue.
Thanks, really appreciate that. As you say, does sound like an Amazon account, not WiiM issue.

Does your music account show as AU under your music settings, and similarly, does your country/region also show as AU under manage content and devices/ preferences? In situations like this, it's often an account/marketplace setting that upsets the apple cart.

Thanks again :)

Edit: just saw your comment above - so it's better NOT to have your country/region setting set to Australia?
Second Edit: Oops, misread your comment, so Australia would be the preference :)

OK MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED AND THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

My Amazon account was messed up. My default store is amazon.com.au, but when I tried to "manage content and devices" it sent me to amazon.com. I thought this must just be what you have to do. I could see the devices there, but this was actually wrong.

The thing that made me think something was wrong was that the Fire TV showed up in com and com.au, but 2 different registration dates. I only saw the different dates after I re-registered the device.

After some time with Amazon customer support, they moved all my devices over to amazon.com.au, and after some logging off and back on, not only did the WiiM Pro appears in the devices list of the Amazon Music app, but so did the Fire TV Stick, which now seems to be supported! (The latest advice I could find online was that Fire TV devices were not supported.) I tried casting to both from the Amazon Music app, and worked like a charm. So I didn't really need to buy the WiiM Pro, but I think it will be useful

Last edited:
Are the bits still perfect going to the dac, when you cast from the Amazon app ? As compared to the Wiim app.

I bet DubZ is gladder, and I hope it was worth the frustration.
Haha it was just bugging the hell out of me! Was it worth the frustration? I don't know, but I do slightly prefer using the AM app, not that it's all that wonderful.

Pity that I've missed this thread, I would save you a lot of time as discussions with Amazon support on this issue are fruitless usually. Glad you managed to solve it.

Not related to the original thread but Amazon Music related.

Today listening to the same tracks played through the WiiM Pro AMusic source and casting to WiiM Pro from the Amazon Music app (iOS) via Alexacast, the latter sounded better.

Last edited:
Not related to the original thread but Amazon Music related.

Today listening to the same tracks played through the WiiM Pro AMusic source and casting to WiiM Pro from the Amazon Music app (iOS) via Alexacast, the latter sounded better.
What bitrate does the Wiim app display? Have you enabled Amazon Music HD/UHD in settings?

Back