Casting from Amazon Music app

As above, do you have any Amazon echo or fire tv devices? It could be that AlexaCast isn't supported in AU.
Unfortunately no. I only have a Firestick but you can't cast to a firestick from the Amazon Music App, which is what started this whole frustrating experience

Yep it's listed...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806_103919_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_103919_Amazon Alexa.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
I deregistered it in alexa then set up the Wiim again. It's registered in Alexa again but still does not appear in the devices list in the Amazon Music app. Thanks for trying to help but I'm about ready to throw in the towel

This may be a stupid question, but do you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited?
I don't think you could use AlexaCast with free Prime music.

If you're Unlimited, all I have aidea is to sign out and uninstall the Amazon music app. However, if you do these, you will lose all the music you have downloaded to your phone.

This may be a stupid question, but do you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited?
I don't think you could use AlexaCast with free Prime music.

If you're Unlimited, all I have aidea is to sign out and uninstall the Amazon music app. However, if you do these, you will lose all the music you have downloaded to your phone.
Yes, Unlimited. I should have said that. I might try uninstalling the app. Haven't downloaded any music. I just sent an email to customer support from the app. This is infuriating

You can't seem to cast to a FireTV stick as well as a WiiM. So I think if there's a problem, it's your phone, your app, your account, or your network.

Try a little more.😉

You can't seem to cast to a FireTV stick as well as a WiiM. So I think if there's a problem, it's your phone, your app, your account, or your network.

Try a little more.😉
Thank you for your advice but respectfully, I have tried plenty hard. It is not possible to cast to a Fire TV from the Amazon Music app. It was once supported, or so I believe, but no longer. I have previously sought confirmation from Amazon Support, prior to buying the WiiM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806_130102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_130102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 13
Thank you for your advice but respectfully, I have tried plenty hard. It is not possible to cast to a Fire TV from the Amazon Music app. It was once supported, or so I believe, but no longer. I have previously sought confirmation from Amazon Support, prior to buying the WiiM.
It’s never been officially supported for fire tv devices until very recently, but did work on some models, but not others. But that doesn’t help you here - hopefully WiiM can tell from your logs what the issue is.

I might try uninstalling the app
Definitely worth a shot.
I had to unistall Tidal a couple of times earlier this year when it simply refused to play ball; hopefully your issue is similar.
I understand your frustration - it really ought to be as simple as I described in the PM.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No dice.

Anyway thanks to those who have offered advice. I'm about ready to give up because I've wasted enough of my time and other people's, and the WiiM Home app isn't appalling - it's better than using a remote to control a Firestick! It just bugs the hell out of me that I can't find a solution and it's probably something simple that will have me kicking myself.
I've got requests in with WiiM support and Amazon support, so if one of them comes thru with a solution, I'll post it here

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No dice.

Anyway thanks to those who have offered advice. I'm about ready to give up because I've wasted enough of my time and other people's, and the WiiM Home app isn't appalling - it's better than using a remote to control a Firestick! It just bugs the hell out of me that I can't find a solution and it's probably something simple that will have me kicking myself.
I've got requests in with WiiM support and Amazon support, so if one of them comes thru with a solution, I'll post it here
As above, please give me your Wiim ticket number and I’ll see if I can get Wiim to expedite a solution. Amazon support won’t have a clue as usual, especially when you mention a non amazon device

As above, please give me your Wiim ticket number and I’ll see if I can get Wiim to expedite a solution. Amazon support won’t have a clue as usual, especially when you mention a non amazon device
Sorry I thought I had. Must have forgotten to press "post reply".
It's 489039.
Kind of a long story with a couple of updates, so please read the last part. Started with me asking about why music suddenly stopped playing, before realising I'd been casting on chromecast and the alexacast option wasn't there. Clearly I'm new to this.

No hassle. I’m not part of the WiiM team, so can’t read your ticket but I’ll see if I can get a hold of someone who can…

Ugh Amazon support wants me to request a callback coz they say it's too complicated and they need more real time info..???

Ugh Amazon support wants me to request a callback coz they say it's too complicated and they need more real time info..???
Typical amazon support - and they are unlikely to have a clue tbh. They’ll not have heard of Wiim, they’ll tell you it’ll only work with echos etc etc. You may be lucky and get a techie who will understand what WiiM/Linkplay devices are, that they have been developed using Alexa’s MRM API and that they do support AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app. It might be worth a call but my experience in dealing with them is often frustrating, long winded and ultimately pointless - yymv hopefully :)

Btw, in the alexa app where you can see your WiiM device, can you long press on some music on the play page and select your Wiim there? Also, can you use the blue “talk to Alexa” icon and ask something like “Alexa, play Born to Run on Wiim-device-name”? That would at least show that it’s recognised as a device that can play music and perhaps point to issues with the amazon music app and not the Wiim device itself.

Typical amazon support - and they are unlikely to have a clue tbh. They’ll not have heard of Wiim, they’ll tell you it’ll only work with echos etc etc. You may be lucky and get a techie who will understand what WiiM/Linkplay devices are, that they have been developed using Alexa’s MRM API and that they do support AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app. It might be worth a call but my experience in dealing with them is often frustrating, long winded and ultimately pointless - yymv hopefully :)

Btw, in the alexa app where you can see your WiiM device, can you long press on some music on the play page and select your Wiim there? Also, can you use the blue “talk to Alexa” icon and ask something like “Alexa, play Born to Run on Wiim-device-name”? That would at least show that it’s recognised as a device that can play music and perhaps point to issues with the amazon music app and not the Wiim device itself.
What a great suggestion! Yes, I can play from the Alexa app to the Wiim! Not to the Firestick, which was expected.

Saying "Alexa play Born to Run on Dub's WiiM Pro" (in the Alexa app) doesn't work, but the Wiim is in the Everywhere group, and saying "Alexa play Born to Run Everywhere" works.
However, saying the same thing to Alexa in the Amazon Music App results in "I couldn't find anything called Everywhere that can play music" and to use the device name or set up multi-room music in the Alexa app. OK, so I set up multi-room music in the Alexa app and when I used the name in the Alexa app it worked fine. But not in the Amazon Music app, which gives me the "sorry I couldn't find....use the device name or set up multi room music" message. Just saying "play Born to Run" plays it on my phone's speakers.
It would appear that the Amazon Music app's Alexa is broken.

Amazon Music's Alexa has slightly different specifications. Basically, it is a function for voice control of the AM app on the phone.

However, you can also use Alexa in AM apps to play in groups or use routine. Even so, it's very strange that you can't just use AlexaCast.

The following is a digression.
Create a new "Test" group and set up the WiiM pro as group's music speakers. (That group doesn't include devices.)

In the AM app, You say "Alexa, play music in test" to play music from WiiM.

Also, You can set a routine to abbreviate it to simpler words. For example, you can set up a routine with words like "Alexa, No1" to play any playlist.

Although these are not drastic solutions.

Back