Amazon Music app casting to Alexa Speaker Group via WiiM Pro

gurulee

Amazon Music app casting to Alexa Speaker Group via WiiM Pro is not reliable and intermittently does not work. The speaker and speaker group (provided by WiiM Pro) is in list as an option to cast to from the Amazon Music app, BUT it sometimes plays, and other times does not.
Also, changing tracks/songs from the Amazon Music app take upwards of 7sec to hear the next song. This was NOT the case when using Amazon Music app with Bluetooth directly to receiver.
I actually see the song in the Amazon Music app as playing with incrementing track time, BUT no audio is coming out of speakers associated to the WiiM Pro when the issue arises.
If I cannot get this resolved, I will return the device.

Last edited:
Amazon Music app casting to Alexa Speaker Group via WiiM Pro is not reliable and intermittently does not work. The speaker and speaker group (provided by WiiM Pro) is in list as an option to cast to from the Amazon Music app, BUT it sometimes plays, and other times does not.
Also, changing tracks/songs from the Amazon Music app take upwards of 7sec to hear the next song. This was NOT the case when using Amazon Music app with Bluetooth directly to receiver.
I actually see the song in the Amazon Music app as playing with incrementing track time, BUT no audio is coming out of speakers associated to the WiiM Pro when the issue arises.
If I cannot get this resolved, I will return the device.
Check the network status settings in the WiiM app. If the DNS server is turned on, it may interfere with Amazon music playback.

Also, if that doesn't help, try turning other items on and off.

Supplement.

When operating Amazon music over the network, it will be sluggish compared to Bluetooth. As it stands, this is inevitable.

AlexaCast is also very slow compared to Spotify connect.

Check your other network devices. Mine Amazon Music app plays instantly with no issues however it's not bit perfect play because it's chrome casting - that squerish cast icon I'm missing this round one. So I usualy play using Wiim app which to be honest could be better... But the sound from Amazon Music (bit perfect) and Wiim Pro Plus is amazing. Much better than fake Tidal losseless.

Check the network status settings in the WiiM app. If the DNS server is turned on, it may interfere with Amazon music playback.

Also, if that doesn't help, try turning other items on and off.
Yep, I disabled 'use dns 8.8.8.8' option in settings. I'd rather it use my internal dns server.

Supplement.

When operating Amazon music over the network, it will be sluggish compared to Bluetooth. As it stands, this is inevitable.

AlexaCast is also very slow compared to Spotify connect.
Yeah... Even though 5ghz wifi range and speed surpasses BT, the overhead over wifi does come into play 👎🫤
I'll try changing to ethernet and see if that helps.

Check your other network devices. Mine Amazon Music app plays instantly with no issues however it's not bit perfect play because it's chrome casting - that squerish cast icon I'm missing this round one. So I usualy play using Wiim app which to be honest could be better... But the sound from Amazon Music (bit perfect) and Wiim Pro Plus is amazing. Much better than fake Tidal losseless.
When it does play, I'm impressed with quality and volume compared to Bluetooth directly to Sony receiver (prior to wiim).
I don't like using the wiim home app over Amazon Music app, but maybe that's just something to get used to...
I've tried all streaming services and ended up paying for Amazon Music Unlimited for the qty of music and ease of the Amazon ecosystem.
I'm solely using the wiim to tie in my outdoor Klipsch and OSD speakers as a Alexa speaker group.

Be aware that Alexa multiroom playback of hi res audio does place a load on your router (irrespective of external bandwidth) as the stream has to be distributed to multiple speakers across your local network.

Which devices do you have in your MRM group, and do you experience the same issue casting to a single device?

Be aware that Alexa multiroom playback of hi res audio does place a load on your router (irrespective of external bandwidth) as the stream has to be distributed to multiple speakers across your local network.

Which devices do you have in your MRM group, and do you experience the same issue casting to a single device?
My dedicated firewall, WAP, and switch utilization (snmp) is very low and no where near capacity.
Casting from Amazon Music app to the single speaker seems to be more reliable than the multi speaker group, which includes indoor Echo speakers.

My dedicated firewall, WAP, and switch utilization (snmp) is very low and no where near capacity.
Casting from Amazon Music app to the single speaker seems to be more reliable than the multi speaker group, which includes indoor Echo speakers.
How many devices do you have in the group, and do you experience the same difficulties if you remove your WiiM Pro from the group?

How many devices do you have in the group, and do you experience the same difficulties if you remove your WiiM Pro from the group?
See my earlier reply above. In the speaker group, I have the wiim pro device and two echo speakers.
Casting to single speaker is definitely more reliable than the group.

See my earlier reply above. In the speaker group, I have the wiim pro device and two echo speakers.
Casting to single speaker is definitely more reliable than the group.
Sorry, missed the bit about two echos being used with the Pro. Do you have a similar delay if you just use two echos in a group, or say with an echo and the Pro in a group? Just try to ascertain whether it's the Pro's presence in the group that's the issue or the number of devices in the group.

I MUST SAY, COMMUNITY SUPPORT HAS BEEN GREAT HERE SO FAR WITH THE LEVEL OF ATTENTION AND REPLIES WITHIN 24HR OF ME JOINING AND POSTING. 👍🙏👊⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
THANK YOU ALL!

Sorry, missed the bit about two echos being used with the Pro. Do you have a similar delay if you just use two echos in a group, or say with an echo and the Pro in a group? Just try to ascertain whether it's the Pro's presence in the group that's the issue or the number of devices in the group.
No worries 👍
To clarify, when you ask about delays, are you referring to my delays with changing tracks or the inability to cast to the multi speaker group?

I don't even have any WiiM devices yet and my Amazon Music can get a bit inconsistent at times.
90+ percent of the time it's fine but on occasion I find delays in response to Alexa and AM app. Sometimes it acts like it's playing when it's not, may show multiple streams playing when only one, etc.
Just saying this because the issue may be more AM related than anything else. I feel that internet connection quality is very important. I added a mesh system a while back and that helped significantly. If I have inconsistent performance a reboot of the cable modem and routers usually help.

Back