Airplay Cast Half Baked

FTI1976

Currently feeding TT into Mac Mini via line in and using Airfoil to send audio to the Homepods and it works great and sounds awesome.

I saw the Wiim Pro could do Airplay Aircast and not needing a dedicated Mini running for this would be cool but the experience is poor

1. Apple TVs with homepods connnected wouldn’t connect. The pin came up but after entering no connection.

2. No ability to control volume on each endpoint through the app is a non starter.

Airfoil app allows this so it’s not a technical limitation as far as I can tell.

These Wiim devices are slick (I also have the Amp) but this feature falls short.

Attachments

• IMG_6419.png
    IMG_6419.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 7
You should submit tickets for each of your points so that 1. WiiM can inspect your device logs for clues as to why it’s failing, and 2. WiiM could consider adding this a feature.

You should submit tickets for each of your points so that 1. WiiM can inspect your device logs for clues as to why it’s failing, and 2. WiiM could consider adding this a feature.
I poked around I didn’t find anything to officially submit an ER. I’m not gonna keep the Pro Plus I can’t use it without volume controls but I can certainly submit something for them to consider.

Back